From The Mirr*r

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

From The Mirr*r

Post by NottinghamWhite »

They were UEFA Cup semi-finalists 14 years ago and reached the last four of the Champions League a year later.
It was just 10 years ago that they lost their battle to stay in the Premier League.
Yet the spectacular fall of Leeds United has reached a new low this week with players now forced to wash their own kit after training.
The Lilywhites finished 15th in the Championship last season. But the club’s stars are also having to agree to money being taken out of their salaries to wash their kits on matchdays.
That is in addition to the kitchen being closed at their Thorp Arch training ground and stunned players being told to bring in packed lunches.
It is all part of a big cost-cutting exercise under new owner Massimo Cellino, who is determined to get the club’s transfer embargo lifted.
The moves have gone down badly within the squad. As has the appointment of new boss Dave Hockaday to replace the sacked Brian McDermott.
Hockaday has dismissed suggestions from critics - including former United boss Gary McAllister - that he is not the right man for the job.
The former Forest Green manager - who will have no say in transfers at Elland Road - believes he can dispel concerns that he is too inexperienced to cope.
He said recently: “The criticism isn’t a surprise because of my background.
“I’m a very experienced coach and obviously 20 years a player, and the fact that the president wants a very experienced British coach, then I seem to tick all the boxes.

Action Images
“At the end of the day I’ve been given a great opportunity and I intend to take it in both hands.”
But Mirror Sport understands morale is already plummeting among the unhappy players who returned for pre-season training last week.
Hockaday’s approach has been described as being “like an army corporal”.
Training is also seen as “regimental” under the 52-year-old, who has been handed a two-year deal to replace sacked Brian McDermott.
Hockaday had four players - defenders Steven Warnock and Marius Zaliukas, star striker Ross McCormack and keeper Paddy Kenny - all training with the kids before the club’s departure on Monday for a training camp in Italy.
Scotland international McCormack, who has been unsettled since Cellino took over earlier this year, is leaving to join Fulham in a £10million deal.
The 27-year-old did not fly to Italy with the rest of the squad, travelling to London instead.
Fulham agreed a fee with Leeds after Cellino reduced the £12m asking price for his captain.
Norwich were also prepared to pay £10m for McCormack, but last season’s 28-goal Championship top scorer prefers Craven Cottage.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: From The Mirr*r

Paints a different picture to the one we are led to believe. I can't believe the laundry spin, surely the savings would be nominal. It's the first I've read anywhere that Gary Mac has had anything to say on Hockadays appointment. The more I read the more doom & gloom it feels like. Cellino the spin doctor the man who said he would buy back ER as his first task & have us back in the Premiership inside 2 years. I personally don't believe a word the man says. As for Hockaday morale is plummeting, players unhappy at his style & acts like a parade ground corporal & all this before a ball is kicked. I know this is from the Mirr*r but some of it could have a grain of truth in it. All very depressing.
jjrgreeney
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by jjrgreeney »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Paints a different picture to the one we are led to believe. I can't believe the laundry spin, surely the savings would be nominal. It's the first I've read anywhere that Gary Mac has had anything to say on Hockadays appointment. The more I read the more doom & gloom it feels like. Cellino the spin doctor the man who said he would buy back ER as his first task & have us back in the Premiership inside 2 years. I personally don't believe a word the man says.

I wouldn't believe too much you hear in the news papers to be honest mate, I try to avoid reading them unless it is from an established source or the horses mouth.
Football is my religion and Elland Road is my church.
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

jjrgreeney wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Paints a different picture to the one we are led to believe. I can't believe the laundry spin, surely the savings would be nominal. It's the first I've read anywhere that Gary Mac has had anything to say on Hockadays appointment. The more I read the more doom & gloom it feels like. Cellino the spin doctor the man who said he would buy back ER as his first task & have us back in the Premiership inside 2 years. I personally don't believe a word the man says.

I wouldn't believe too much you hear in the news papers to be honest mate, I try to avoid reading them unless it is from an established source or the horses mouth.
Theres no smoke without fire and even though tabloids do tend to give out garbage majority of the time, most stories have an element of truth within the lines. There has been alot of movement out and thats a good thing in one sense but to be fair Cellino is capable of alot of things as he is a bit eccentric but the laundry thing i think is dramatic journalism and even more so for Cellino to do it
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

The Daily Mail has the same story which may well have been pinched from the mirr*r:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... eason.html
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Who's their source?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

I stopped buying the Mirror when they naffed up the Woodgate/Bowyer trial, they are so anti Leeds and wont believe anything they spew out about us.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Anthony Clavane in the Sunday Mirror is very pro-lufc, but that's about it. They're not as bad as the Guardian or the Daily Racist imo.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Rather than start another thread thought I'd bung this in here. Betting on who'll get relegated next season.

Championship Relegation 14/15 - Relegation
Blackpool11/8 Millwall9/4 Rotherham9/4 Charlton5/2 Huddersfield3/1 Leeds7/2 Sheff Wed4/1 Brentford9/2 Birmingham9/2 Ipswich10/1 Watford10/1 Nottingham Forest10/1 Wolves12/1 Bolton12/1 Bournemouth14/1 Reading16/1 Blackburn16/1 Middlesbrough18/1 Brighton20/1 Derby33/1 Norwich33/1 Fulham33/1 Wigan33/1 Cardiff33/1

I know it's early days but bookies usually know what's what.
NikosAGr1985
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by NikosAGr1985 »

Honestly mates would any of you be so kind as to explain the above betting system (the 4/1, 5/1) in relation to the decimal one (1,20 - 2,10 - 3,40 etc)? For example Leeds being offered at 7/2 means 7/2= 3,5 in the decimal system? Am I correct?

How can you Brits do everything in a different way than the rest of the non Commonwealth world?? Just kiddin'...

Thanks anyway!
Massimo Cellino: "I 've bought garbage players with the McCormack money".