Tour De France

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Tour De France

Post by Mellor »

Big day for Leeds and Yorkshire. The greatest free show on earth. Should be a cracking couple of days. Would be nice to see Cavendish in yellow at the end of today in Harrogate.

The Tour De France in Yorkshire - British cycling has come a long way in the last decade.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Tour De France

Post by Barlow Boy »

Not really my thing cycling, and to be honest I cannot really get any interest in it although I can understand how exciting it must be for those who are really into it.

I have found the daily moans on Radio Leeds regarding Road Closures, Change of Bus Routes and Parking Issues hilarious though. Some people really are not happy unless they have something to complain about, and I think it's only for a couple of days or so.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Barlow Boy wrote:Not really my thing cycling, and to be honest I cannot really get any interest in it although I can understand how exciting it must be for those who are really into it.
I have found the daily moans on Radio Leeds regarding Road Closures, Change of Bus Routes and Parking Issues hilarious though. Some people really are not happy unless they have something to complain about, and I think it's only for a couple of days or so.
Can't believe people are moaning about this!! You'd think that they'd be 'Yorkshire and proud'! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I am not a fan of cycling, but seeing those scenes of beautiful Yorkshire, brought a tear to my eye and made me feel very homesick! :(
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Wonderful coverage on ITV4 and some stunning scenery as they tour through the north yorkshire moors and dales.

Just glad am not in Yorkshire this weekend as it must be mayhem with all these people in leeds and the whole yorkshire area.

Well done to all involved in organising this wonderful spectacle.

:clap: :clap:
USA for Leeds
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by USA for Leeds »

Barlow Boy wrote:Not really my thing cycling, and to be honest I cannot really get any interest in it although I can understand how exciting it must be for those who are really into it.
Didn't care about it all until a race was held right past my neighborhood with Lance Armstrong in it. Went out an hour early to get a spot and the streets were lined. I was late to the party, and that's what it was: a party. Had a blast hanging out with neighbors, drinking margaritas and enjoying the festive air.

Then the peloton passed in two seconds and we all went home.

But for that hour, it was really fun! :D
Spiderman
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Spiderman »

The thing that annoys me is I own four vehicles & pay road tax & I pay tax on my fuel,.
I know that many cyclists also have other vehicles but many don't.
It has taken an event like this to get some potholed roads fixed but not the ones on main commuter routes that really need it.

If I had been in a position today where I wanted to go for a ride out on my Motorbike I would have found many roads closed because of this event, roads that I am helping to fund closed for people who do not contribute to their upkeep & think they can flout all the Highways laws when they like.

Sorry to be a killjoy but it is called the "Tour De France",not "T'toura Yorkshire tha nos"
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Spiderman wrote:The thing that annoys me is I own four vehicles & pay road tax & I pay tax on my fuel,.
I know that many cyclists also have other vehicles but many don't.
It has taken an event like this to get some potholed roads fixed but not the ones on main commuter routes that really need it.

If I had been in a position today where I wanted to go for a ride out on my Motorbike I would have found many roads closed because of this event, roads that I am helping to fund closed for people who do not contribute to their upkeep & think they can flout all the Highways laws when they like.
Radio Leeds are awaiting your call my friend :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

Two absolutely fantastic days of cycling which showed how beautiful Yorkshire is and what great supporters Yorkshire folk can be. Only downside was Cavendish. The rest was perfect. Froome looking to be in good form so we may see 3 on the bounce for Britain or 2 for Kenya depending how you view these things.

What a gruelling days cycling that must have been today with 9 categorised climbs. Niballi was superb. Racing through a Sheffield housing estate was crazily wonderful.

Gary Verity has done a superb job for Yorkshire. Cellino needs to get close to him. He's a bit of a star for a sheep farmer.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Not my sort of thing, but pleased to see the huge crowds out in support.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Hats off to these guys, it's def not my thing but I appreciate fitness dedication and passion in any activity. :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders