SD Card failure

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
+15
LUFCTALK Moderator

SD Card failure

Post by +15 »

Has anyone ever had an sd card go blank and wipe all the pictures and music off? if so what did you do to get photos/videos and music back?
Deleted User 728

Re: SD Card failure

Post by Deleted User 728 »

No, I've never known that. Maybe it was exposed to a magnet or something ?

I regularly transfer the contents of my SD cards to my desktop PC (photos, I mean) but I rarely transfer them to a hard-drive, which I should really .. especially as I've got four of the bloody things :o
+15
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by +15 »

rigger wrote:No, I've never known that. Maybe it was exposed to a magnet or something ?

I regularly transfer the contents of my SD cards to my desktop PC (photos, I mean) but I rarely transfer them to a hard-drive, which I should really .. especially as I've got four of the bloody things :o
I'ts bizzare. They have reappeared. :?: :!: :?: :!:
It siad that my SD card was not in my phone, even when I connected the PC it did not find it. :crazy:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

+15 wrote:
rigger wrote:No, I've never known that. Maybe it was exposed to a magnet or something ?

It siad that my SD card was not in my phone, even when I connected the PC it did not find it. :crazy:

:thumbup:
USA for Leeds
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by USA for Leeds »

Good that you got them back!

I have seen that happen when transferring them from one device to another. Specifically, if I take an SD card out of one of my cameras and then put it in another one, it loses whatever it had from the first one. I have no idea why.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

+15 wrote:

Ah! Now you have said that I can confirm I get that a lot! I have an old Samsung Galaxy phone and quite regularly it tells me "no sd card inserted" or something like that when I know the card is in there - it also happens often when I try to take photos on the phone and of course it will not let me as it believes there is no sd card to put the pics on! I will be changing the phone when I can be bothered so am living with it. This is a micro sd card of course for the phone - I do run 4 standard sd cards (16GB) for my camera, camcorder and kindle and I have a spare one as well and have not had a problem with any of them so my guess is it is the phone and not the sd card that is the issue.