Marco Silvestri signs for Leeds United

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Marco Silvestri signs for Leeds United

Post by Mellor »

:thumbup:
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

One of, if not the, most crucial positions on the pitch sorted - albeit we don't know a great deal about him.

However, at 23 years old, 6ft 3in tall who is apparently shining on the training pitch according to Adam Pope is a good start. Time will tell, but the height thing is a major plus for me.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
franciccio
Giddy Kipper

Post by franciccio »

Hi guys , i'm Francesco Cagliari fan.
I can sort few about Silvestri. He just played 3 games down in Sardinia despite the 5 goals he left very positive impressions, he made a couple of huge save against Juventus and Parma, it does not marvel that Cellino wanted to keep him in his team. In my opinion it's a very good deal, and i still don't understand why new cagliari manager did not spend some money to keep him.
Cellino can be very despicable for his acting (it happened , it will happen) but he s a guy who know the game far better than the moltitude and Salerno as well.
Sorry for my poor english.
un saluto.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Ciao, Francesco - benvenuto :D

That's good to hear about Silvestri, thank you.
Also, it's not unexpected news about Cellino - I think we are all starting to realise he knows football but he's also like a fan playing FM14 !
(or a child in a sand-pit, depending on your point of view)

Good luck for the new season. It's also the beginning of a new era for Cagliari of course :D
massimomilitia
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by massimomilitia »

rigger wrote:Ciao, Francesco - benvenuto :D

That's good to hear about Silvestri, thank you.
Also, it's not unexpected news about Cellino - I think we are all starting to realise he knows football but he's also like a fan playing FM14 !
(or a child in a sand-pit, depending on your point of view)

Good luck for the new season. It's also the beginning of a new era for Cagliari of course :D

hi rigger I think we have a good buy there pal I welcome you silvestri....
Mot.... :thumbup:
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

franciccio wrote:Hi guys , i'm Francesco Cagliari fan.
I can sort few about Silvestri. He just played 3 games down in Sardinia despite the 5 goals he left very positive impressions, he made a couple of huge save against Juventus and Parma, it does not marvel that Cellino wanted to keep him in his team. In my opinion it's a very good deal, and i still don't understand why new cagliari manager did not spend some money to keep him.
Cellino can be very despicable for his acting (it happened , it will happen) but he s a guy who know the game far better than the moltitude and Salerno as well.
un saluto.
Hi mate and thanks for the report. :thumbup:

Do you know anything about Cacia, Bianchi and Rossini?

Do you think they are good enough for the English championship, like your Serie B ?
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Aces wrote:
franciccio wrote:Hi guys , i'm Francesco Cagliari fan.
un saluto.
Hi mate and thanks for the report. :thumbup:

Do you know anything about Cacia, Bianchi and Rossini?

Do you think they are good enough for the English championship, like your Serie B ?
And Bellusci and Doukara?
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
franciccio
Giddy Kipper

Post by franciccio »

Well i can only tell mine about Cacia and Bellusci (i prefer not speack about players i never watch play like Bianchi Rossini about Doukara they say it's a good player but i don't trust too much any they say ).
Cacia he's a good scorer , has never been a crack. He failed the serie A, but he did very good almost everywhere in Serie B, quite tall (for italian standard :lol: ) not excellent but good technical skill , i would say that he s a standard product of the years 2000 italian forward school , in which were preferred physical attributes than youngster with highly skill in dribbling, pace,cross. I reckon we lost a generation and clearly this is now reflected in national team. i would not throw him away, in Italy we say good for the category.
Bellusci is quite aggressive which is good for a defender i saw him playin right back(don't know if is the correct traslation) Best of him is that is the last who give up , good sense of position, resolute player, shortly one u can count on the pitch.

Very Good luck for the incoming season to you guys.

Ciao
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Cheers for that Franciccio. :thumbup:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:One of, if not the, most crucial positions on the pitch sorted - albeit we don't know a great deal about him.

However, at 23 years old, 6ft 3in tall who is apparently shining on the training pitch according to Adam Pope is a good start. Time will tell, but the height thing is a major plus for me.
Excuse me BB but I beg to differ. It is well known that the hardest discipline for any goalkeeper is getting down quickly to low hard shots. I was particularly good at this discipline especially if the ball was passing within 2 feet of me. Mind you not being able to to get within 18 inches of the crossbar when jumping did prove to be a set back.......
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders