Gaetano Berardi joins Leeds from Sampdoria

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: Gaetano Berardi joins Leeds from Sampdoria

Post by Aaron »

Aces wrote:The club does seem to be slow at changing things. Hopefully they announce it today, but it will probably be on Monday.
Because of International clearance etc, the club would look silly if they announced it early and then had to track back and say no, we haven't got him.

Anyway, confirmed on official site now and twitter.

"COMPLETE: The club have now finalised a deal to bring Swiss international Gaetano Berardi to #lufc The defender signs a 2-year deal."
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Aaron wrote:
Aces wrote:The club does seem to be slow at changing things. Hopefully they announce it today, but it will probably be on Monday.
Because of International clearance etc, the club would look silly if they announced it early and then had to track back and say no, we haven't got him.

"COMPLETE: The club have now finalised a deal to bring Swiss international Gaetano Berardi to #lufc The defender signs a 2-year deal."
Cheers for that mate. Only a 2 year deal, that's very disappointing. If he has a really good year for us, it will mean another team can come in for him at the end of the year and we will almost certainly have to sell him cheaply, with him only having a year left on his contract. They should be giving the new players 3 year contracts, I believe Bianchi has been given a 4 year one, or is it Silvestri?
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Looks a bloody good signing this. Established Seria A player, International too.

So wheres the usual catch?
massimomilitia
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by massimomilitia »

Sheepy wrote:Looks a bloody good signing this. Established Seria A player, International too.

So wheres the usual catch?
Morning,sheepy lad it looks like the squad is taking shape now looking forward to the new season... :D
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Me too, I'm very encouraged by this latest signing.
massimomilitia
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by massimomilitia »

Sheepy wrote:Me too, I'm very encouraged by this latest signing.
Yes I think our old nuber 44 will regret his move I think they will struggle...
Mot for ever & ever.. :thumbup:
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Aces wrote:
Aaron wrote:

Cheers for that mate. Only a 2 year deal, that's very disappointing. If he has a really good year for us, it will mean another team can come in for him at the end of the year and we will almost certainly have to sell him cheaply, with him only having a year left on his contract. They should be giving the new players 3 year contracts, I believe Bianchi has been given a 4 year one, or is it Silvestri?
Both Bianchi and Silvestri have been given four year contracts. Phil Hay said last night that Berardi was joining on a two year deal with the option of a third. He's 26 in a month so he's already in his prime, won't be improving massively in the future.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Welcome Mr Berardi :thumbup: Have we ever had a Swiss player before? I can't think of any.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Aces wrote:
Aaron wrote:

Thats how we got stuck with lots of deadwood in the past. Nothing to say we cant offer an improved extended version in 6 months time if he does well.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

SG90 wrote:Welcome Mr Berardi :thumbup: Have we ever had a Swiss player before? I can't think of any.
Not that I can recall.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.