The Open

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
dskimcbski
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: The Open

Post by dskimcbski »

So proud this morning......and knackered tbf. The 2nd shot at the 10th was genius, and in fairness to Rory it was the shot that clawed him back into it. Great victory though and well deserved,can see another European victory at the Ryder Cup this year. Should be good :thumbup:
'I'd rather be hated for being who I am, than loved for being someone I'm not'.
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

He is an awesome player and the way he is playing is something phenomenal, love his temperament and attitude, he is our Celtic Tiger :D
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

dskimcbski wrote:So proud this morning......and knackered tbf. The 2nd shot at the 10th was genius, and in fairness to Rory it was the shot that clawed him back into it. Great victory though and well deserved,can see another European victory at the Ryder Cup this year. Should be good :thumbup:
The Americans are in a bad way TBH. Their best player Woods isn't good enough for their team, but it's likely they will pick him, well I hope they do, he's poor at the moment. Mickleson is still top quality, but then who do they have? Fowler, not bad, Bubba as well, Furyk just about and then who?

I think we will hammer them. :thumbup:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

Ryder cup hasnt always gone with the favorites the past ten to fifteen years, the USA were favourites the past few tournaments and we won majority even if they were closely fought matches, i do love the Ryder cup especially the singles matches on the final day.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

CorkWhite wrote:Ryder cup hasnt always gone with the favorites the past ten to fifteen years, the USA were favourites the past few tournaments and we won majority even if they were closely fought matches, i do love the Ryder cup especially the singles matches on the final day.
USA still have a good side and it should be interesting to see if Woods gets picked. I still think we will win by a a few points, Europes team is mega strong at the moment.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

dskimcbski wrote:So proud this morning......and knackered tbf. The 2nd shot at the 10th was genius, and in fairness to Rory it was the shot that clawed him back into it. Great victory though and well deserved,can see another European victory at the Ryder Cup this year. Should be good :thumbup:
Likewise mate. Kept saying I must set record and go to bed but then always said to myself "just one more hole." lol

A year ago he'd have lost.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/08/rory-mcilroy-pga
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders