Player Injury News and Updates

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Judge Fredd
Brian McDermott's optician

Re: Player Injury News and Updates

Post by Judge Fredd »

A virus, someone suggested it was glandular fever... I don't know what info they had on the illness but it's plausible.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Barlow Boy wrote:
SiMamu wrote:Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP · 3h3 hours ago
Evans says Charlie Taylor will be out for two to three weeks. #lufc
What's wrong with Charlie, ? didn't quite catch it when Adam Pope was doing his round up of the press conference .
He was reported to have caught Glandular fever hence why he missed saturdays game.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I saw the glandular fever thing whilst I was at the game on Saturday, but it didn't sound like that was what Adam Pope said. Anyway, thanks for information :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
SiMamu wrote:Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP · 3h3 hours ago
Evans says Charlie Taylor will be out for two to three weeks. #lufc
What's wrong with Charlie, ? didn't quite catch it when Adam Pope was doing his round up of the press conference .
He was reported to have caught Glandular fever hence why he missed saturdays game.
If it's glandular fever he could be out for a good number of weeks/couple of months. Your spleen gets enlarged with this fever and you are not allowed to be involved in contact sports. Any clash/impact could put you in massive trouble.

I really hope this isn't the reason for Taylor being out as it is really bad news for him - and us!
stephenneilwhite
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by stephenneilwhite »

I don't know if the treatment for Glandular Fever has improved over the years, but I contracted it in the 70's and though I was back on my feet in a bit over a week the doctor insisted on at least three months of rest before he would declare me fit again and checking it out back then i found some cases of people who had been off for nearly six months. It's a nasty virus with plenty of side effects, one being that it stops your body absorbing vitamins properly for a period and in unlucky cases sterility. Watch who you kiss!
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Adam Pope ‏@APOPEY · 14m14 minutes ago
Twisted ankle for Wood #lufc
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

@APOPEY: Wood should be fit for Sat despite twisted ankle. Evans likes Erwin & says he will come back from Bury #lufc
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Bianchi starts for the U21s today.
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

SiMamu wrote:Bianchi starts for the U21s today.
..... as does Sloth, Philips and Doukara. Strong team and an opportunity for these guys to put themselves forward for Thursday. Hope Bianchi comes through this test. He'd be an nice extra option, as would Sloth imo.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

White Knight wrote:
SiMamu wrote:Bianchi starts for the U21s today.
..... as does Sloth, Philips and Doukara. Strong team and an opportunity for these guys to put themselves forward for Thursday. Hope Bianchi comes through this test. He'd be an nice extra option, as would Sloth imo.
I'm hoping that Walters' absence from the team is because he is finally going to be given an opportunity by Evans on Thursday - perhaps after some advice from a Mr. Redfearn. Walters was the wide forward Rosler's 4-3-3 needed to function, but Rosler was too cowardly and conservative with his team selection to be bold and give a youngster their first team debut.