Leeds or Forum?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 2299

Leeds or Forum?

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

Pecky10 “Lees aside, folk wonder why the likes of CorkWhite are driven away from this once-excellent forum for merely asking sensible questions of the current management set-up”

It’s funny you should ask this as only yesterday i was thinking is it the forum or Leeds I'm losing interest in.

It’s my view under Cellino to date we are even worse off than we were under Bates and GFH. He has made more cut backs than anyone, managed to turn very little team investment into a profit during a transfer window.
We still get the same broken promises.
There appears to be a slight difference in singing players, we now go to Italy to buy relatively unknown players or unknown players with “potential”.
I really see very little to be positive about when it comes to Leeds at the moment.
Now this is my view and like all Leeds fans would love Leeds to be successful and Cellino to makes us a premier team again.

When i read on the forum how some members are very positive about how Leeds are being run under Cellino this conflicts with my views and that's fine. However when i read their positive posts after post after post it really does become a place of forced opinion in my opinion.

example: On the way to work i see someone standing on a soapbox telling me how great God is, so i take the time to hear their words then decide if a agree or not then move on. If this person was following me around with their views i would find a new route to work to avoid such preaching.
I feel this may be happing to this forum, we all know people are entitled to their opinion but if feels like it’s being flooded by a one sided opinion at times.

Everything in moderation.

MOT
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Leeds or Forum?

Post by Barlow Boy »

Nesslin wrote: There appears to be a slight difference in singing players
Hang on, I thought we were a football club :D

For what it's worth, I doubt I would ever lose interest in Leeds United Football Club, if anything my interest is growing over the last couple of years, but that my just be my personal circumstances significantly improving which allows me more time to enjoy the 'finer things in life' :thumbup:.

I do agree with Pecky in some aspects, there appears to be a tendency to pick faults with other members posts rather than debate (there is a difference). It's as if some users come on here spoiling for an argument, which never used to be the case, and some well established and likeable members are getting annoyed by the manner in which other members post (not naming examples, I'm sure we've all seen the posts).

Perhaps some do need to consider others in how they post and manner of the posts. I'm sure it's just individuals personalities, but it can come across as condescending at times.

Just my personal thoughts, but I wouldn't be without this forum that's for sure :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
alwaysleeds
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by alwaysleeds »

Losing the interest in Leeds United, that's quite impossible. I can assure that to everyone. :)

But I can also see that some of the members here are too much negative. Perhaps this is differences between mentalities in different countries. In England I've noticed that it's more safe to be negative, because then they wouldn't be surprised if things goes bad... And it's even too easy to start criticise persons, more than in other countries. I think! Just look at the mentality toward the English national team. First they are world champions, then they start to look for every negative detail one can find.

Please correct me if I'm wrong - but in my world positive motivation can indeed "move heavy stones". If you know what I mean.

Yes we have sold Tom Lees, to me that was sad. But we have several really good centrebacks in the team anyway; Scott Wootton, Jason Pearce, Ross Killock, Jake Skelton, Afolabi coker and George Swan. And the younger stars can be big surprises if the coach give them chances and believe in them.

As long as I'm a member on this forum I will continue writing in these terms; we have a really promising young professionals. Perhaps we even don't need another striker; McDaid, Stokes and Mbanje already find the goals.

I can even say something already, and please mark my words: We will go up this season! And let's see i May if I'm right. Everyone are welcome to remind me of these words at the end of this season.

I think this is a nice forum, even though I personally think there is too low activity sometimes. And talking about our younger professionals and scholars we seldom do. To get this forum even better I personally wish for more information of the younger players. Specially from all of you living in and around Leeds. For me living in Sweden that would have been fantastic information. Reports from their matches as so on. Even images if possible.

Keep on everyone - and try hard to stay as positive as possible! :thumbup:
ben87
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by ben87 »

you need negative fans, they can be more realists.
another club (different sport) that is a big part of my life was run terribly for years and years, though we've come good now, i remember thinking back then "why should i pay for tickets, merchandise and membership if they cant even win a game and the guys at the top seem totally backwards and out of the depth"
and its true, passion and love for the sport/team is all great, but at the end of the day if you keep forking out hard earned for sub par results and shitty managment, well, i guess youve been had.
im not sure were i stand regarding massimo, im somewhat hopeful i guess, but also as a leeds fan this is all somewhat familiar.
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by 1964white »

I'm guilty of being negative over the last two seasons as our club was ran appallingly from top to bottom....performances & results told the whole story & as they say the league table never lies so yes my negative thinking was provened correct & justified in the end.

Cellino is a breathe of fresh air (some may say stale) & I personally am much more positive for the future of LUFC, time will tell, support the club & enjoy the ride folks :thumbup:
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

I'm more optimistic than I was last year. I think the new signings are an improvement on what we had: Berardi is better than Peltier, Silvestri is taller and better at set pieces than Kenny, Bianchi is the passing midfielder we lacked last year, Viviani and Benedicic would be exciting signings. The likes of Smith, Mowatt and Dawson will be better than last year. I get the feeling we're building a hardworking team who want to play for eachother, as opposed to supplementing players' egos and giving them huge wages on reputation. We just need a couple more and I can see us challenging for the top half. We were losing £1m a month under GFH, so if Cellino has cut costs, then that is a good thing. We're also attracting more sponsors and income to the club.
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

As someone who has left the forum for spells in the past, at times due to what I then perceived as too much negativity, since I've returned in the last month or so I'd say it isn't that at all that drives you away; like Nesslin says it's the repetition and pervasiveness of some attitudes. Some posters are happy to make their point once and move on, others want to plaster their opinion over every active thread on the board. I can handle a negative post, hell I can handle several, it's when I can't avoid them that it starts sapping my desire to read the forum. Sometimes it's what some would deem 'positive' posts ("let's get behind the current regime" etc) that become exhausting in their inane ubiquity. It just becomes draining reading lengthy posts that amount to the same thing over and over again (not that I can ever criticise anyone for being too prolix). I couldn't even try to count the number of times I've read posts saying that we need to buy some new centre backs for example. Why can't we take that as read? It's blindingly obvious and been said by everyone else on the forum hundreds of times so why say it again? I find it baffling and although I appreciate it when there have been lots of posting activity on the forum so there is lots to read, I just wish that there was more variety. It's like back in the Bates era, 2/3 of posts would end bates out or contain an anti-Bates rant. I never had a problem with people holding that opinion, or airing it, I just didn't want to see it on every post I tried to read.

Why don't people get as bored of repeating themselves as it is boring to read them repeating themselves? I don't know but I would suggest to several posters, have a think about what you're posting, if you've said it hundreds of times, try writing something new instead, or maybe nothing at all!

It takes time to sit and read this forum and I don't want that time to be wasted.

I did consider aswell that I was getting bored with Leeds rather than the forum back in February or March, but that wasn't the case, although I was totally fed up with the season and the football I was seeing, I was still following every match and watching as much as I had time to, just not coming on here.

For the record my judgement is still reserved on Cellino and Hockaday, I'm neither happy nor distraught at how things are being run, I primarily just want to see some good football and only time will tell whether I get to see that.

It does sadden me now that some great posters of old don't seem to be around any more. I don't know the individual reasons for most of them, but I would guess it's something similar to what I felt when I took a break. I hope they return someday soon.
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
jslufcAUS
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by jslufcAUS »

I think the one thing our club will always have going for it is that its bloody interesting! If your losing interest in a club like leeds you might be losing interest in football. We all see the world differently gents and this is what forms the basic formula of a discussion. I think respect is to be shown to those who have supported the club for longer or have been involved in this forum for longer but other than that, go nuts! Speak up, negative or positive, were here to share our views!
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

You can lose interest in the Forum very quickly especially if its the same posters that are posting messages whether they are good or bad posts.

Having been a member of Pie & Bovril which covers every aspect of scottish football and virtually everything else in life for 7 years i have lost interest in it especially when Sevco were in league 1 last season as their fans are the most blinkered set of idiots you could come across.

Also having been in division 2/league 1 for 4 seasons you get the same posters from the same teams posting all the time with very few new members joining and having their say.

I suppose you take from a forum what you want.

I will never lose interest in Leeds and having supported them for over 40 years hears to the the next 40.
Deleted User 972

Post by Deleted User 972 »

I totally agree that the forum has become so one sided that people cant even question certain things anymore. I honestly dont see the reason for the optimism at the moment, I applaud it and wish I could be more optimistic, but I have real concerns. Back to the point if anyone questions cellino or anything you can bet the same few posters will be on it in minutes backing up their arguments over and over. Aswel I dont even post anymore because if you question a new signing your getting told this player is the new david silva or getting a detailed tactical breakdown of the player from people who have never seen these players play,Its ok to speculate of course but to come across so matter of fact for a player who you have never seen is a bit much. I think good advice for anybody posting is you dont have to form an opinion on absolutely everything. Just to say I hope the optimists are right and we have a great year. MOT.