Please help me find my BONE MARROW RECIPIENT!!!! Leeds fan

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Linseyh
Giddy Kipper

Please help me find my BONE MARROW RECIPIENT!!!! Leeds fan

Post by Linseyh »

Hello Leeds fans, I'm hoping someone somewhere can help me find the wife of the guy i donated my bone marrow to. Apparently he was a massive Leeds fan and his ashes were scattered on the last home game of the 2012/13 season by the corner flag on the right when youre facing the Don Revie stand. I think that day was 27th April 13 and Leeds played Brighton & Hove Albion.

You may be wondering why i want to find this lady..... She has written to me to thank me for helping to try and save her husbands life, except i dont know her name or where she comes from. I really want to get in touch with her and offer my sincere condolances but i dont know where to start. I tried to help her husband prolong his life by donating my bone marrow to him in Jan 13, and unfortunately the transplant centre will not allow me to contact her, only to let her know i received card, i cant even write back! I'm really hoping that you guys or someone else can at least just give me a name of anyone they might now of who scattered ashes on that day...i just need a first name, or last name, anything!!! Please help me find her. Yours faithfully Linsey
Linsey.huckle@yahoo.co.uk
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Re: Please help me find my BONE MARROW RECIPIENT!!!! Leeds f

Post by Aces »

Hi Linsey

I think you should feel really proud over what you have done and I wouldn't beat yourself up over this. There are other Leeds sites, or you could ask the club to put a note in the home programmes, they probably won't do it, but it might be worth trying. I wish you the best of luck in your quest.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Aces wrote:Hi Linsey

I think you should feel really proud over what you have done and I wouldn't beat yourself up over this. There are other Leeds sites, or you could ask the club to put a note in the home programmes, they probably won't do it, but it might be worth trying. I wish you the best of luck in your quest.
I would ask them to put something on the website too.
It's all about engaging the fans and there's nothing better for that than a story that tugs at the heartstrings ...

Good luck !
Spiderman
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Spiderman »

First of all, you should be very proud of trying to help a fellow human being in this way, I have been on the Anthony Nolan register for several years & have been an almost match twice but unfortunately not a close enough match to proceed.

Secondly, I fully understand why you want to get in contact however I would advise, let it go mate, they have reasons why there is a no contact rule, the lady has let you know how grateful she is, not every donor gets that much.

It has been known for donors & recipient families to find each other & one or both parties feel that they are owed something further which leads to all types of problems.

Grief is a strange emotion which can bring about irrational decisions.

Satisfy yourself in the fact that you have done everything you could.
Linseyh
Giddy Kipper

Post by Linseyh »

Thank you for all your kind words, and Spiderman I fully understand what you're saying, i guess its just hard to let it go because i feel a strange connection to them. I totally get why contact is restricted, and rightly so to protect each side...i just wanted to speak to her and find out the sort of person her husband was - I was happy just to hear that he was a Leeds fan because it gave me some indication of what he loved in his life. If you could read the cards shes sent me (they are quite descriptive) you would almost think shes giving me clues on how to find her..(given that shes also not allowed to give too much away) -could be me looking into it too much, but when someone says "I cant wait until the day when i can shake your hand" it sort of becomes more than just a friendly thank you note....could be just me though.

I don't want to find her to get thanks or praise for what i did, I chose to go on the register at an early age, and although I didn't expect the call, I went ahead knowing that if i could make a small difference i would risk my own health for someone else's in a heartbeat. I want to find her to offer comfort and a friendly smile, to tell her about my experience and learn more about hers...
Anyway i'm rambling.....thanks for all your comments, and please, if anyone out there can help me I would really appreciate it x