Gibbs left of his own accord

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Gibbs left of his own accord

Post by isrodger »

Pecky10 wrote:He was reportly told to spend pre-season in an office from 9-5; I've heard nothing about him not being willing to work, just he's not been allowed to. Maybe he had a sick mother, that's the standard reason for sacking staff and officials these days :clap:

I think he has been driven out of the club and would be entitled to any compensation for his contract. But instead of operating like a humans, we're off to court again. MC's lawyers must earn even more than Bates' - another few hundred thousand off the transfer kitty, just like the winding up order. I wonder how many extra season tickets we need to sell just to pay our court costs and lawyer fees so far this season... BMc, Sport Capital & now Gibbs. Ridiculous
Seriously you would pay him up 2 years money £300k ish. He hasn't been sacked, he can sit in his office, or work under hockaday. He was paid by Leeds united not BMc. He wants out fine. But your right about one thing he will get what he's entitled to hopefully nothing, or £75k the maximum genuine cases might get for unfair dismissal, which I suspect has been offered already.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

If reports are to be believed he said he couldn't work with Hockaday, well basically thats his decision. And the option in any job if the company changes the man above you either work with him or go. He's selected the 2nd option as far as I can see.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Unfair dismissal ?????? :thumbdown:

I would kiss The Hock and Cellinos backside daily for £150k a year. :lol:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Pecky10
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Pecky10 »

You do that for free on here Aces :lol:
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Pecky10 wrote:You do that for free on here Aces :lol:

Fair point. :lol:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Pecky10 wrote:You do that for free on here Aces :lol:
:lol:
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Pecky10 wrote:He was reportly told to spend pre-season in an office from 9-5; I've heard nothing about him not being willing to work, just he's not been allowed to. Maybe he had a sick mother, that's the standard reason for sacking staff and officials these days :clap:

I think he has been driven out of the club and would be entitled to any compensation for his contract. But instead of operating like a humans, we're off to court again. MC's lawyers must earn even more than Bates' - another few hundred thousand off the transfer kitty, just like the winding up order. I wonder how many extra season tickets we need to sell just to pay our court costs and lawyer fees so far this season... BMc, Sport Capital & now Gibbs. Ridiculous
OR Cellino made him a reasonable offer and Gibbs was greedy and refused to accept it. Now things he can get more by suing the club. Just saying like.... ;)
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

He does have a case for constructive dismissal whether we think he should just have walked or not. I read the YEP piece and it seems, reading between the lines, that Gibbs was unhappy working under Whackaday, but that's his choice he should have either sucked it up or walked then, and Cellino has given him an option of a small pay-off or work from an office.

Unfortunately its all from the persons perspective and their own feeling of worth. It why footballers on 15k/wk will moan because they are not getting a rise when they want, or employers recruiting eastern european workers because the unemployed think the minimum wage job is beneath them.
Daniel LUFC
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by Daniel LUFC »

I hope he gets another job soon.