Hockaday - SACKED BY THE CLUB

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
shayod
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Hockaday - SACKED BY THE CLUB

Post by shayod »

After today and a defeat to one of the relegation favourites what's next? A 6-0 home defeat to Bolton? With Hunt starting up top and Smith on the bench? This guy isn't up to it.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Hockaday?

Post by Sheepy »

Regardless if you are pro Hockaday or against, I don't think one competitive match is a fair amount of time to judge anyone.
shayod

Post by shayod »

I'd agree except for the team he picked. Again what the hell was he doing picking Hunt?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

shayod wrote:I'd agree except for the team he picked. Again what the hell was he doing picking Hunt?
The $64000 question is did he pick the team or did El Presidente ?
Winner of the Europa League
shayod

Post by shayod »

Either way it doesn't auger well for the future does it?
ri916
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by ri916 »

He didn't have any choice with Hunt. Morison Injured, Bianchi suspended and Smith clearly doesn't suit the style of play he wanted to implement. It's obviously not as simple as picking the 11 best footballers in the squad and telling them to play. Embarrassing thread tbh, there's 45 games to go ffs!
shayod

Post by shayod »

No one said anything about just "picking the best 11 footballers". And no choice? Away from home? Another man in midfield maybe? Anyway lets come back to it at the end of the season - although it will probably be long before that in all fairness - and see how embarrassing it is then ffs eh?
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

What I would say he got wrong, is the system. We don't have the players for 4-3-3, should have just gone 4-4-2 or even 4-5-1 with an extra one in midfield. Should put Byram to RM and Berardi at RB, he's too good to be wasted on the bench and played Charlie Taylor at LB. I feel like he rewarded too many players from last year, many of whom didn't realy deserve it, rather than giving the newbies a chance. I would have brought on Benedicic over Cook, as he is a genuine LM that we lacked and a more attacking player.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

ri916 wrote: Embarrassing thread tbh, there's 45 games to go ffs!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
massimomilitia
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by massimomilitia »

One season and one game goals scored nill why oh why hunt
just read the stats mate!! Dont play him ever again... :clap: :clap: :thumbdown: