Post by birkybullufc »

B52's - Love Shack
Follow the cause not the leaders.
cheffy007
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: Song Lyrics

Post by cheffy007 »

all yours Bully :thumbup:
For homemade pickles, chutneys and tomato ketchup, go to www.stuckinapickle.co.uk
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

rigger wrote:All this stuff's too mainstream for my taste. If I posted even a James Brown or Marvin Gaye lyric I'm not sure many on here would get it, and as for annotating a Coltrane horn line ... I'll get me coat :wtf:

I don't know, Rigger. You could have quoted the lyrics to Love Supreme. :eh:
birkybullufc

Post by birkybullufc »

'Then the football ground became a battlefield
And my life seemed so surreal.'

Something a bit more obscure and off the mainstream for Rigger. ;)
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Sniffer wrote:
rigger wrote:All this stuff's too mainstream for my taste. If I posted even a James Brown or Marvin Gaye lyric I'm not sure many on here would get it, and as for annotating a Coltrane horn line ... I'll get me coat :wtf:

I don't know, Rigger. You could have quoted the lyrics to Love Supreme. :eh:

You mean the Will Downing version ??

Got the vinyl LP, mate :D

Whoever guessed the B-52s ... er .. no ... it was something else entirely.
I love the B-52s though - grew up on them, absolutely brilliant band for a party yet I really don't like their later stuff, Loveshack included. Their first four albums were incredible. I've done a mix of all the stuff from those LPs if you're interested: http://www.mixcrate.com/rigger/the-b-52s-mix-1432635
Deleted User 728

birkybullufc wrote:'Then the football ground became a battlefield
And my life seemed so surreal.'

Something a bit more obscure and off the mainstream for Rigger. ;)

blimey ...

I'm clueless if it's not soul, funk, hip hop, blues or jazz, to be honest ... I'm okay on certain other bands and artists - Bowie, Prince, The Smiths, Bob Marley, B-52s, Yes, some country, The Cramps, Elvis, Kraftwerk, Level 42 :D
Spiderman
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Spiderman »

Rigger, you missed Reggae.
Birky, that's a cracking song & that guy has a superb voice, not going to post it cos I cheated. :D
cheffy007
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by cheffy007 »

Duane Stevenson August Town.

very diverse musical catalogue Rigger and I thought my taste was a bit off the wall, anything from classic metal to Dinosaur jr, the smiths to the roses, pixies (as mentioned before) to badly drawn boy, placebo to the stones as long as its not R&B (the new stuff not the proper blues), most rap and anything x factorish then I will listen to it.
For homemade pickles, chutneys and tomato ketchup, go to www.stuckinapickle.co.uk
birkybullufc

Post by birkybullufc »

Spiderman wrote:Rigger, you missed Reggae.
Birky, that's a cracking song & that guy has a superb voice, not going to post it cos I cheated. :D

He writes some great lyrics too. He has a voice which is right up there with the all time greats for mine. He is not massively well known in Jamaica either. There is an abundance of talent in that country.

Yep. Duane Stephenson - From August Town
Deleted User 728

Spiderman wrote:Rigger, you missed Reggae.
I put Bob Marley in, didn't I ?? :D

I did run record shops for the best part of 15 years and I've been a DJ for 25 so it's hard not to like all genres, so long as you listen to enough of the best of each.

The only single genre I really don't like is folk.
I only like Kate and Anna McGariggle because this LP came with my first record player, when I was about 10. My old man bought it for me from some fella with a handful of vinyl and in those days you'd play anything (including some old Harry Secombe 7"s that were hanging about the house!)