Cliff Richard Police Investigation

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Viduka95
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Cliff Richard Police Investigation

Post by Viduka95 »

Sir Cliff Richard's house being searched by police over historical sex offence allegation.
@MrSkorecki Twitter
LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS!
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Re: Cliff Richard Police Investigation

Post by Aces »

There will be plenty more in the pipeline. Everyone who has a tv and has suffered this behaviour, now know the police will take them seriously. Not saying Cliff is guilty, but a lot of top stars will be waiting for the knock on their door a 6am in the morning.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Sadly there'll be a lot more being unearthed. They must be sat at home just waiting for the Old Bill to knock on their doors. Anyway on another note lets not be pointing the finger at anyone as we don't want any legal action.
Winner of the Europa League
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

When I was still at school there were several girls who used to go to gigs, they used to claim that they'd kopped off with band members, whether they had or not I don't know but I remember Bill Wyman giving an interview & he stated "we only ask their names, not their ages, if they look old enough then we assume they are"
The girls at school were 14 - 15.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

One of my first "incidents " as a Constable was a fight at a nightclub (and this is going back 30 years so imagine how things have moved on) I was 20 years old and I had a gorgeous girl dressed to impress state that she had been assaulted by one of the bouncers who now wasn't around. I noted she was a tad distressed and as there was a bit of a ruction to deal with I asked her to come to the station the following day to supply a statement. Being young I commented to my colleagues how stunning she was and that I'm sure her boyfriend / husband would be wise to stay out of any afters. Feck me didn't she arrive in to the station the next day wearing her school uniform and accompanied by her mother. After a brief chat with her mum re her daughter attending nightclubs (it turned out that she was pissed that the bouncer hadn't let her in) they left requiring NFA. I swear if I had been at a night club her looks would have fooled me. BUT on talking to her one on one there was no doubt about her age.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

When will all this ever end? Who will be next?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Not sure if anyone thinks the same but Cliff is one that I'm finding hard to believe, not that I'm a fan or anything.

All the others i found very believable but this time my gut instincts say no, I could be wrong but feel it'll turn out to be not true.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I think the age situation is a major problem in gaining a safe conviction IMO. If someone aged 14 to 15, but looks older, is out in an area that is for adults, or posing as someone being older, then i personally feel if I was on a jury, I would find it difficult to find someone guilty of having sex with a minor. More recently and I won't name the stars names, convictions have been secured, because the stars knew the ages of their victims, which to me is a more safe conviction. A star having a liaison with a fan on a one off basis some 30, 40, even 50 years ago, is more unlikely to be even charged and I think that's why several stars have had their investigations against them dropped. When will it end? Someone asks. Well I perceive that this will end in about a couple of years. The reason I say this, is anyone with a TV, which is everyone, knows that the police are taking these accusations against stars very seriously. There will come a time when a victim will no longer be able to say when asked the question, "why have you waited so long? And their answer is usually, "I didn't think anyone would believe me and they were such a big star". You would have to live on Mars not to know that the time is here and now to come forward. I have spent a lot of time in court and it is very rare that the evidence is overwhelming against an accused person. DNA and fingerprints, CCTV and good independant witnesses are paramount in gaining a safe conviction. None of this is available for victims of theses alleged abuses from up to 50 years ago, it basically comes down to the victims word, against the word of the accused. This is why the police put the name of the accused in to the public eye, in the papers, on the news, hoping to get more alleged victims to come forward. This doesn't sit well with me, not now, not after so many stars have been arrested. Like I've said, any victim out there now knows the police are investigating any alleged allegation. So does a stars name need to be dragged through the mud and forever tainted, in the hope that other victims will come forward? Some will say it's right, I personally don't agree. These crimes of alleged sexual abuse, if true are awful for the victims, especially if they know the stars and it's been going on for years. But for me, I think historic last century claims need to be coming to an end, or another alternative, is that the stars name is kept out of the news, which I know is difficult. I don't want to hear in say ten years time, someone besmirching the name of a well loved star, who is alive now, but has since died later. A line needs to be drawn under it all. Firstly help the victims, but then protect the stars, I think it can be achieved, so everyone is treated fairly.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

The problem I have with all of these prosecutions is that the vast majority are not for under age sex or rape they are for sexual assault - and that sexual assault in most cases is really no more than inappropriate touching. In the 60s and 70s that went on all the time in factories and offices up and down the country - it was a time when the office girls walked in the factory to be greeted with wolf whistles and the lads would grope them on the way past, when Christmas parties were a free for all. That was the age we lived in. I am sure that many of these celebs are now being prosecuted for stuff that years ago was the accepted norm. If you look through the list of offences Rolf H has been sent down for most are of this nature. Add to this the fact that there is newspaper money and compensation to be earned and I am worried we are putting away folk who may not actually have done anything thousands of others did and which were considered OK at the time. Most of the celebs strike me as too old to have any fight left too to argue their cases. I do worry that in a few years some of the accusers will come out and say it was all made up and we will have an outcry of injustice.
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

A computer hard drive full of offensive material has been removed from Cliff Richard's home.
Cliff is livid as he states it is his 2014 Christmas album.