Adryan, Montenegro, Del Fabro, Benedicic

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
notfamousanymore
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Adryan, Montenegro, Del Fabro, Benedicic

Post by notfamousanymore »

As several people have commented, ending the Brentford game with Austin, Tonge and Murphy look like a regressive step. And our bench looked suddenly rather poor, again (Tonge, Wootton, Murphy, Morison - you wouldnt really want more than one on the bench at any one time I think)

Adryan, Montenegro and Del Fabro havent had a minute on the pitch yet. Benedicic has had a couple of subs appearances. None of Adryan, Montenegro, Del Fabro and Benedicic were in the squad on Saturday.

Where are they?

Unfit? Injured? Ineligable? Not 'putting a shift in' in training (to quote The Hock). Or just turned out to be not that good?

Tim Vickery, who is a smart and insightful journalist, spoke very highly of Montenegro. They are all U-19/u-21 internationals, three of them from Serie A clubs, which assumes a level of competence.

Anyone got any ideas or insights?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Adryan, Montenegro, Del Fabro, Benedicic

Post by Barlow Boy »

If memory serves, the 4 players mentioned are our loan signings, after a couple of the others who were initially signed on loan such as Bellusci and Doukara signed permanent deals. I have no idea if this has anything to do with there 'non-appearances', but I never thought they would go straight in as such anyway but I agree with you about our bench not offering much, as I thought the same on Saturday when we were 1 down and needed to change something.

Time will tell, but I would expect at least Adryan and Montenegro to at least make the bench in the not too distant future.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Wilfred Martin
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Wilfred Martin »

They are all expected to play for our U21 side against QPR this afternoon. A good performance there should see some of them on the bench on Wednesday night.
I've no doubt that Cellino signed these guys up for the future - anticipating a ban on signings in January for falling foul of FFP rules last season.
We're on our way to....
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Montenegro scored in a 2-1 defeat, with Adryan getting the assist. I'm assuming they won't be in the squad then for the Reading game, which really disappoints me.