Darko Milanic sacked...

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Darko Milanic sacked...

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

His interview on BBC radio leeds was a joke.

He didnt seem to answer any questions.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Sheepy wrote:based on his Radio Leeds interview I do not blame Cellino one bit!

Cellino if you are reading this, don't make the same mistake THREE times! Our club needs a proven manager - MANAGER, with experience.

Or Richard Naylor :shifty:
If Redfearn gets made head coach, then I think Naylor will be brought in as his assistant manager.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
+15
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by +15 »

Redfearn to take over and we can get back to winning ways. However, if he fails can he go back to the youth team?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

+15 wrote:if he fails can he go back to the youth team?
That's the thing for me, if he 'fails' will Barnsley or whoever come sniffing again which leaves the academy a problem.

Interesting to see how this pans out.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johndivney
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by johndivney »

meh. everyone's replaceable at the end of the day. except cellino.
IF redfearn doesn't work out & IF he doesn't go back to the academy, cellino will find suitable a replacement.

not to diminish the terrific work redders has done btw, just cellino knows how to run a football club & if this doesn't pan out it won't be the end of the world.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

What can you say? It's crazy! Cellino needs to stop faffing (and that's putting it mildly) about with second rate 'coaches' and get some proper advice, from someone who knows about proper managers and he needs to get a proper manager and give them proper control over the team and a proper amount of time to get it all sorted. Maybe then we will get a proper team that can play properly and get proper results, SO WE CAN GET BACK TO BEING A PROPER CLUB!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
Deleted User 1076

Post by Deleted User 1076 »

This is getting embarrassing now. How long did he spend picking Darko?

Put your ego aside, Massimo, get us a proper manager.
Gilford_NI_Whites
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Gilford_NI_Whites »

I don't think that Cellino has got to grips with the competitiveness of the English game. We need a manager who has worked in England. Someone who knows the league.

pulis left Palace as he didn't have enough control over signings, apparently. So I doubt he would take it.
Independent Republic
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Independent Republic »

Clocks go back an hour tonight , so if Leeds appointed a new manager at 1.30 a.m , they could actually sack him half an hour before he started !
Ricardo Da Lepp
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Ricardo Da Lepp »

I can't say Milanic ever really inspired me much when I heard him interviewed.
At Norwich the team looked very negative, gave the ball away far too often in midfield, and seemed reluctant to even try and win the game.
Our goal only came when two players pushed on and tried to have a go. Otherwise we looked disjointed and devoid of intent, against a poor-looking Norwich side. How they were top of the table I'll never know.
Maybe the players never really wanted to play for him after the successful spell under Neil Redfearn.
I don't really like sacking managers and chopping and changing, but this is one departure I won't be mourning.