Darko Milanic sacked...

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Darko Milanic sacked...

Post by SiMamu »

Cellino and the squad won't get us promoted. We need a tactician to mastermind our promotion, as promotion is gained based on the only thing Cellino can't control - results on the pitch. We need some stability in that position, by appointing the right man and not the cheap option again, in order for us to eventually gain promotion in the next two years.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

tuttoa wrote:Secret Pundit - "If this continues, I fear for Leeds’ position in the Championship. You so badly need that stability, not only for a club to push for promotion but to stay in the division"

Full article: http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/arti ... w/#slide-2

It's hard to disagree with this column, League One next year for us!

:/
If he had left the Hock in charge, I think we would be in mega trouble and again the same could be said with Milanic, although his sacking was a tad premature. A lot of fans wanted Redfearn and Cellino has acted, I don't know what more he could do, he's damned if he does, he's damned if he doesn't.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
ben87
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by ben87 »

How's mr Lennon doing at Bolton? Jeez this is a mess
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just read that Milanic is still on the payroll or to quote the man himself on leave awaiting a call from the President should he be needed at short notice.

From www.90min.com
Darko Milanic, the ex-ex-ex manager of Leeds United, claims is still under contract at the Championship club, despite being sacked 16 months ago.

Slovenian Milanic was the third of six men to have led the Yorkshire side under Italian owner Massimo Cellino, but was dismissed after a mere 32 days in charge.
Bolton Wanderers v Leeds United - The Emirates FA Cup Fourth Round
The 48-year-old, who failed to win any of his matches while at Elland Road, hasn't returned to employment and says it's because he's still on paid leave from the Whites.

​"I still have a contract with Leeds United on. And that's it," Milanic told Slovenian website ​Ekipa 24.

The former Sturm Graz boss said after leaving the club: "My contract was not terminated, I'm on paid leave.

"During this time I must be ready all the time to once again take over the team, if requested by the owner.

"My contract continues to run and I'm on vacation. I signed for two years and I will not terminate my contract."

Since his departure, Leeds have hired Neil Redfearn, Uwe Rosler and finally Steve Evans, though neither have been able to fire the Whites into the division's upper echelons.

In the meantime, Milanic says he's keen to return to management.

"I'm going to learn, constantly need to educate," he added.

"I'm heading to Italy, in the coming days I will monitor how the work is done at Empoli, where Marco Giampaolo walks along the path of his predecessor and current strategist at Napoli Maurizio Sarri who I like a lot.

"Guidelines on the method of work remain unchanged, also the philosophy of thinking in the club. I am sure that I will deliver something new, useful."
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Well it is hard to be surprised with all of that - unfortunately! :crazy:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Frankie wrote:Well it is hard to be surprised with all of that - unfortunately! :crazy:

We keep hearing the wage bill needs reducing & then we hear something like this. Why am I still surprised at anything I hear about the club anymore ?
Winner of the Europa League
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Why are we surprised by this or why does anyone think it is wrong ? He was appointed in September 2014 and as we know, football contracts ar always paid up in full. So, from a cash flow point of view it's better to pay him throughout to September 2016 than pay him off in a big chunk when he ceased to be coach surely?
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

I think it's more a worry that he hires and fires so readily so that we end up paying about a dozen managers concurrently :P
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Another Northern Soul wrote:I think it's more a worry that he hires and fires so readily so that we end up paying about a dozen managers concurrently :P
Wouldn't be the first time, think at one stage a few years back we were paying 4 managers, may be wrong but think it was O'Leary, Venebles, Reid & Blackwell.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

I think they were paid off, though O'Leary had to wait and when it was time to pay his compensation or whatever, he might have 'waived' it or some of it. I'm not claiming to know, it's a long time ago and I'm not fussed about looking it all up but as I say, I don't think it was wages being paid. It WAS with some loaned out players though!