The next Leeds United manager - Part 2

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: The next Leeds United manager - Part 2

Post by dlw10 »

SiMamu wrote:For the next next head coach: David Platt. He knows the English game and has played at the very highest level in both England and Italy, he speaks both Italian and English, and he's only been a manager in Italy (where directors of football are the norm) and with the England U21s (no new signings to make). He's got great coaching pedigree, having been part of Mancini's backroom staff at Man City.
Agree he could be quite suitable....but I know he wouldn't take it! He is enjoying the stress free life of being a pundit these days!
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

dlw10 wrote:
SiMamu wrote:For the next next head coach: David Platt. He knows the English game and has played at the very highest level in both England and Italy, he speaks both Italian and English, and he's only been a manager in Italy (where directors of football are the norm) and with the England U21s (no new signings to make). He's got great coaching pedigree, having been part of Mancini's backroom staff at Man City.
Agree he could be quite suitable....but I know he wouldn't take it! He is enjoying the stress free life of being a pundit these days!
And he was piss poor at forest
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Adam Pope ‏@APOPEY · 8m8 minutes ago
#lufc It appears, as director Edoardo Cellino said today, there is a proviso for Redfearn to be return to the Academy if it doesn't workout.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

alwaysleeds wrote:Just a little detail; Leeds haven't sacked a manager, Cellino is still the manager. Milanic was head coach, not manager. :)
Yeah right, where's the evidence? To make you believe that mate. He's had 36 managers/coaches at Cagliari and four already at Leeds and not one has said Cellino was this. Not having a dig mate, but it grows tiresome, hearing this no evidenced made up storyline over and over by Leeds fans.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Aces wrote:
alwaysleeds wrote:Just a little detail; Leeds haven't sacked a manager, Cellino is still the manager. Milanic was head coach, not manager. :)
Yeah right, where's the evidence? To make you believe that mate. He's had 36 managers/coaches at Cagliari and four already at Leeds and not one has said Cellino was this. Not having a dig mate, but it grows tiresome, hearing this no evidenced made up storyline over and over by Leeds fans.
Cellino has literally said that he's the "manager" and that's why he wants a "coach," even though he is misusing the term 'manager' in a football sense by referring to himself as one - as being manager involves more than signing the players. We always refer to our new man at the helm as "head coach," because Cellino believes he is the manager. Leeds fans wouldn't keep referring to this unless there was some evidence to it, so clearly you've just missed something.

This quote exemplifies that Cellino believes he is serving the role of manager:
"I want someone to take care of the preparation of the team, the training, the tactics and so on," he said. "Not the recruitment or the contracts, which I will take care of. The job is a coach, not a manager, which is an important difference."
Lee
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Lee »

Well I go away for one weekend and it's all change. :wtf: Have to say I'm not surprised. I'm not saying it's right but the decision by Cellino to sack Darko was inevitable.

I'm happy with Redder's and hope he can get us back to the way we were plating 6 games ago. Fingers crossed eh!
July 26th 2013. The day Leeds United rid themselves of an odious git.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

SiMamu wrote:
Aces wrote:
Cellino has literally said that he's the "manager" and that's why he wants a "coach," even though he is misusing the term 'manager' in a football sense by referring to himself as one - as being manager involves more than signing the players. We always refer to our new man at the helm as "head coach," because Cellino believes he is the manager. Leeds fans wouldn't keep referring to this unless there was some evidence to it, so clearly you've just missed something.

"I want someone to take care of the preparation of the team, the training, the tactics and so on," he said. "Not the recruitment or the contracts, which I will take care of. The job is a coach, not a manager, which is an important difference."
I'm talking about the incorrect assumption that he picks the team, that he's always picked the teams in the past, there's no evidence of this. the quote above sounds to me like a lost in translation quote, he wants a coach to run team affairs while he manages the club. Not one of the 40 managers/coaches have said he interferes with the team, which keeps getting mentioned that he does interfere, or more importantly decides who's playing.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Aces wrote:
SiMamu wrote:
Aces wrote:

I'm talking about the incorrect assumption that he picks the team, that he's always picked the teams in the past, there's no evidence of this. the quote above sounds to me like a lost in translation quote, he wants a coach to run team affairs while he manages the club. Not one of the 40 managers/coaches have said he interferes with the team, which keeps getting mentioned that he does interfere, or more importantly decides who's playing.
There have been rumours that Cellino has an influence over who picks the team, with allegations that there are 6 or 7 players that Cellino insists must start. But all club employees have denied this: Hockaday, Milanic, Redfearn and Lucy Ward.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Let's hope that's the last time it's mentioned then, it gets very tiresome hearing this, he makes enough mistakes, without making stuff up about him.
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

Hopefully now we have Redders back in charge, Cellino will stop trying to pick the team and influence matters on the pitch. ;)