The next Leeds United manager - Part 2

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The next Leeds United manager - Part 2

Post by Davycc »

if MC isn't sure what sort of watermelon Redders is then he shouldn't give him the f******g job just to blow him out in 6 games time , we need him to get the right bloke in and let him get on with it no more f*****g around with watermelons.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

I can somewhat understand why Redfearn did better than Milanic. Sturm Graz fans said that Milanic rarely promoted youngsters, whilst Redfearn came in and promoted two academy graduates on the fringes into the starting XI. It seems that Milanic isn't someone who works all that well with youngsters and maybe doesn't understand how to manage them as well, whereas Redfearn's job literally involves the managing of youngsters - with Redfearn understanding how to nurture young players through development and games, something that makes him better suited to our very young squad.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Usually you get new manager syndrome.....a new bloke almost always gets immediate success. Darko didnt so there is a case for saying it was right to accept it wasnt working and get him out quick. Sadly, the same would apply to Redders too. It is plain daft to say "no more sackings" - as someone said above, if we go on a losing streak the players will start to think it is the tactics (I doubt the will ever just resign themselves to the fact they ain't any good!!!!) and the only way to stop the decline is to change again. It is to be hoped that Redfearn's success in those 4 games had something to do with him, his tactics, the players he chose, the way they wanted to play for him but there is no guarantee of any of that. Redfearn made a few noises about wanting to try his hand - so he now has his chance. I still think we need to look closely at who we play at the back as every single game we seem to lose because of poor defending (teams seldom score worldies against us!) but at least there is no getting used to someone new with Redders so hopefully we can go straight into Cardiff with a sound game plan and put in a good performance. Defeat is not a problem there as they can be a top team but a poor performance is not going to be acceptable. As always I am just excited that there is at least hope that we have the right man again having accepted that Darko was wrong.
Get the kettle on
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Get the kettle on »

I was hoping to ask for a view of Darko's reign after a few more games but it seems i'm far to patient to sit back and wait for a clearer picture. Mr Cellino it seems acts with more haste..
johndivney
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by johndivney »

cellino's kettle's always on the boil.

one of the benefits of having loadsa money i guess..
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

The new manager syndrome does often lead to an immediate improvement. That wasn't likely to be the case with the success of Redfearn's spell in charge. It is also not also the best guide to whether a manager will be a big success in the long term.
Darko's appointment only came about because Cellino couldn't get anyone else and had a fear that if he gave Redfearn the job and things didn't work out, he would lose a key part of the youth system.
With each rapid firing, the likely hood of getting any half decent manager/ coach decreases. Grayson wouldn't take the job despite being a Leeds fan and being offered more money than ever before. I think he was far from being the first to be offered the job too.
Redfearn knows the players and wants the job. He already has a working relationship with Cellino and knows what to expect. Anyone saying that Redfearn isn't up to much tactically or as a coach is talking rubbish. We don't know if he is cut out to be a manager. We know he has done a good job with the Academy. He has had a few tasters now in temporary charge. Results wise, the last spell was excellent. Being in temporary charge though, the pressure is a lot less. He will need the time to make mistakes and learn from them. In the current situation though he appears to be the only man for the job.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by saintjimmy »

It is plain daft to say "no more sackings"

Can't get my head round this at all , are we happy just to get a bloke in for a few weeks then blow him in? :wtf:

We could , and I know this is a long shot , but we could just try and get the right bloke in and leave him to do the job :o
I do see where your coming from but if the right appointment is made we shouldn't have to sack them and then go back to square one , that's all I'm saying guys .

Peace , MOT
alwaysleeds
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by alwaysleeds »

Just a little detail; Leeds haven't sacked a manager, Cellino is still the manager. Milanic was head coach, not manager. :)
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Get a result at Cardiff (we are overdue) followed two ictories in matches that are definately winnable (Charlton & Blackpool) and Redders will be looking good.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

For the next next head coach: David Platt. He knows the English game and has played at the very highest level in both England and Italy, he speaks both Italian and English, and he's only been a manager in Italy (where directors of football are the norm) and with the England U21s (no new signings to make). He's got great coaching pedigree, having been part of Mancini's backroom staff at Man City.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."