Peter Lorimer

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Peter Lorimer

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Many congratulations to United legend Peter Lorimer who was inducted into the Scottish Football Hall of Fame at Hampden Park on Sunday evening.
Peter joins former United team-mates Billy Bremner, Joe Jordan, Gordon McQueen and Eddie Gray on a star-studded list at the Scottish Football Museum.
Football fans from all over the world nominated players, managers and officials who they thought should be recognised for their contribution to Scottish football.
Then a panel of experts from football and the media considered the nominees and had the difficult task of whittling them down to five.

The Hall of Fame, situated in the Scottish Football Museum at the National Stadium, Hampden Park, honours individuals who have made a significant contribution to Scottish Football.
Peter made his United debut aged just 15 and is the youngest player ever to have played for the club.
In two spells at Elland Road he made an astonishing 779 appearances and scored a remarkable 255 goals.

Famed for having one of the hardest shots in football, he hit a penalty that was recorded at 107 miles per hour. He was also voted the ninth greatest Leeds player of all time.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Peter Lorimer

I try & remember Lash for his playing career at Leeds rather than his involvement with Bates. Met him more than any other of the Legends side & as a person I like him. Great achievement for him.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Long overdue i would say.

:clap: :clap:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

I have never met the man so can only go on what I saw him do in that great team so :clap: :clap: :clap:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

He only got 21 caps for Scotland but did score at the 1974 world cup finals in west germany.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Congrats to Peter on getting inducted into the HOF
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

My biggest memory of Lash was at Anfield back in I think 1970, I of course will stand corrected. We won a free kick just outside the Liverpool penalty area & the Liverpool players formed a wall. Lash took the free kick & it hit Toshack fully in the face, he went down like a nine pin & remained out cold for ages. Happy days :D
Wilfred Martin
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Wilfred Martin »

A well deserved honour for Peter Lorimer. He was one of my favourite players during the "Revie era". His shot made him tremendously exciting to watch, but his game was far more than ust that. He was also a terrific passer and crosser of the ball and, during his latter years, he was a big influence on Eddie Gray's team of kids with his ability to control a game.
His volley over Man City's Big Joe Corrigan is still one of the finest goals that I have ever witnessed.
We're on our way to....
PockWhite

Post by PockWhite »

Congrats and well done to Lasher, one of my absolute boyhood heroes!
Yes I know he's gone off't rails a bit in recent times, but hey..........