Leeds United Manager Statistics.

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Leeds United Manager Statistics.

Post by SiMamu »

Bogdan wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Assume this is 'permanent managers' Frankie, otherwise we might need to include Redfearn's 10 from 12 points earlier this season
We should then remember to include his record in early 2012, which includes the memorable game at the Ricoh.
And Charlton away in 2013.
Does the Donny comeback count as Redfearn's or Warnock's?
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 2

Post by Deleted User 2 »

SiMamu wrote:Does the Donny comeback count as Redfearn's or Warnock's?
Careful, attributing positive things to Neil Warnock is to be done only in whisper...
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Bogdan wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Assume this is 'permanent managers' Frankie, otherwise we might need to include Redfearn's 10 from 12 points earlier this season
We should then remember to include his record in early 2012, which includes the memorable game at the Ricoh.
:thumbup:, welcome back mate :wave:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Interesting stats my only gripe visa vie Grayson & McAllister are that their achievements were in Divison 3. As Wilf said anyway The Don was simply the best. Thanks for reminding me of that awful day out at Histon, thought I'd managed to forget all about it. Funnily enough I was going through some things the other day & found my ticket from that game & despite me getting soaked the ticket is in near mint condition, remember the ticket was only flimsy paper so that makes it even more surprising.
Winner of the Europa League
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Interesting stats my only gripe visa vie Grayson & McAllister are that their achievements were in Divison 3. As Wilf said anyway The Don was simply the best. Thanks for reminding me of that awful day out at Histon, thought I'd managed to forget all about it. Funnily enough I was going through some things the other day & found my ticket from that game & despite me getting soaked the ticket is in near mint condition, remember the ticket was only flimsy paper so that makes it even more surprising.
Mccallister had potential to become a top manager. I also think he initially wanted sammy lee as his number 2 which woukd have been an inspired choice. Like Eddie before him maybe he was a bit of an idealist, that would have become more pragmatic in the way he set his side up as he grew in experience. I remember eddies side was all tippy tappy, but his last two signings Baird and snodin could really put the foot in. I personally never rated tinkerbell Irwin - eddie and alex ferguson knew better!. Two bad decisions from gray and mccallister... Gray discarding seaman, mccallister discarding Johnson. Every other transfer decision they got right. Grayson built on McCallisters side whereas Bremner, despite relative success, took us backwards IMO with the sale of wright, sellers, scales, phealan, Richie, and Irwin.
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

I think Bates was just waiting for an excuse to sack McAllister so he could turn around and sack a fans favourite. Looked at the highlights of the Histon game not too long ago. Watching it I still can't believe we lost the game. Given time he would have done a top job. Built something really special.
Gray didn't want to discard Seaman but had to get rid of either him or Lukic for financial reasons. Reading his autobiography you sense he was learning the lessons and going in the right direction but you don't often get the time in football.
Follow the cause not the leaders.