Red Bull takeover

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Red Bull takeover

Post by NottinghamWhite »

According to today's Daily Mail MC has been in negotiations with Red Bull last week regarding them buying the club.

Now they are back in again and are attempting to thrash out a deal with controversial owner Massimo Cellino, who has caused uproar by sacking two managers already this season.
Sportsmail can reveal that Red Bull chiefs have been in Leeds since Wednesday and are proceeding with negotiations aimed at wresting control from the flamboyant Italian, who fired Dave Hockaday and then Darko Milanic and recently appointed Neil Redfearn as first-team coach.
The discussions are ongoing, with red Bull hopeful that they can finally get a foothold at Elland Road and provide the sort of stability that has been missing for over a decade.
Winner of the Europa League
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Red Bull takeover

Post by SiMamu »

Adam Pope ‏@APOPEY · 21m21 minutes ago  Cardiff, Wales
I understand Red Bull are 1 of many companies continuing to show an interest in #lufc but more from a sponsorship perspective than buy out.

Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP · 36s36 seconds ago
Cellino says he spoke to Red Bull about sponsorship three months ago. "I met with an agent but then they vanished." #lufc
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Aaron »

Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Aaron wrote:Image

Was thinking the same when i read the magic words "Daily Mail"
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

After Bates & GFH forgive me if I'm struggling to believe a Leeds owner. They both lied through their teeth. Wasn't it this week MC was supposed to be buying back Elland Road ?
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

NottinghamWhite wrote:After Bates & GFH forgive me if I'm struggling to believe a Leeds owner. They both lied through their teeth. Wasn't it this week MC was supposed to be buying back Elland Road ?
He's supposedly going to buy it back in November, today is only the first day of November - so, in theory, it should be soon.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

“The money from McCormack cannot be wasted,” Cellino said. “We sent a letter yesterday. My accountant sent a letter because we want our stadium back. I hope it will be done soon. Before November 100%, because in November the rent will be raised.
“We have to pay. I have to buy the stadium, then I have to fix a lot of other things. It’s our house and our home, we don’t want to be guests in our home. I knew that to buy the stadium back we needed £16m.
“I want the stadium, we need to concentrate our energy on the club. It’s not agreed, we have the option to buy it and, if we try after November, it will cost more.”
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

NottinghamWhite wrote:

“The money from McCormack cannot be wasted,” Cellino said. “We sent a letter yesterday. My accountant sent a letter because we want our stadium back. I hope it will be done soon. Before November 100%, because in November the rent will be raised.
“We have to pay. I have to buy the stadium, then I have to fix a lot of other things. It’s our house and our home, we don’t want to be guests in our home. I knew that to buy the stadium back we needed £16m.
“I want the stadium, we need to concentrate our energy on the club. It’s not agreed, we have the option to buy it and, if we try after November, it will cost more.”
I was not aware of that. To be fair, trying to work out who owns Elland Road must be quite the task, but he needs to buy it soon, preferably in the next fortnight.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

SiMamu wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:

I was not aware of that. To be fair, trying to work out who owns Elland Road must be quite the task, but he needs to buy it soon, preferably in the next fortnight.
I can't see him buying the stadium until his court case is sorted, just my opinion that if there is still a chance he has to bail out cant see him investing more money. However if its all sorted in his favour i do believe he fully intends to buy the stadium.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Aaron wrote:Image
I must admit that's why I love Cellino - always reluctant to tell it as it is!