Red Bull takeover

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 130

Re: Red Bull takeover

Post by Deleted User 130 »

saintjimmy wrote:
onenorthernsoul wrote:Accept my belief or not, I don't really mind, I'm not disrespecting any fellow fans here but if Red Bull buy Leeds, I just feel very sure that they will

Aim to change the kit and badge
Aim to change the name
Aim to change the stadium name
and Aim to WIPE the Leeds United history away.
Aim to replace the Academy with their own staff, German & Austrian descent, AND the youth players too.
And dismiss the possibility of fan representation on the board

These are just my expectations, if you as a Leeds fan are happy with any of those possible changes, then good luck to you. I'm certainly not. This is where there will be a massive divide in Leeds fans, and it's personally my hope that Red Bull do not get in.

Cheers
As much of a mess we are in I wouldn't for one minute want Red Bull any where near this club , I too believe the very fabric of the club would be lost without a care in the world to them, maybe not to begin with but it Would happen in the end .
No sorry they're not for me , I don't care how much they have .
For the benefit of Ben87 and anyone else in the 'who cares?!!' bracket. Plenty do care about it, to answer your question.
ben87
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by ben87 »

You can't just change the history of a club, that's there forever
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

ben87 wrote:You can't just change the history of a club, that's there forever
While we're on the subject, anyone else get peed off when they hear pundits, players or presenters talking about a club's achievements in the top division as "in the Premier League" even if they're discussing, say, Preston's last league title in 1890 ?? :evil:
Deleted User 130

rigger wrote:
While we're on the subject, anyone else get peed off when they hear pundits, players or presenters talking about a club's achievements in the top division as "in the Premier League" even if they're discussing, say, Preston's last league title in 1890 ?? :evil:
Yes, I certainly do :crazy:
Deleted User 130

Read up on their exploits with other clubs.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I agree, but I think they have taken over other clubs and reformed them, with a new established date. Now for me I don't really care that much, as long as we have the word Leeds in any new name change and we are still playing at ER, or if they change that name, then I can just about stomach it all. I fully understand why others can't and I accept their views, but for me as long as we keep the two things above, then I won't be stressing about it. Giving us a new established date is pointless to me and for me also our history is just that, they can't erase my memories and our achievements. They can on paper and if some see it as the death of our club that's up to them, but I dont. If Red Bull take us over, they will do what they will do, we can protest about it, some can stop supporting us, we can wail and gnash our teeth, but what will be, will be. It's lifes rich tapestry being a Leeds supporter. I haven't posted all this to offend , or argue with anyone it is just my view, I know a lot of our fans are very passionate about our history and image, etc and I love Leeds and always will, but after supporting them for nigh on 50 years, I'm tired of all the arguing and in fighting that as gone on and im not going to get stressed out to the max over what is after all just football.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 130

Good post, Aces. I totally disagree with it of course, you won't be surprised :D . I am hoping, I'm HOPEFUL, that there are prospective buyers 'close by' who do favour fan representation on a LUFC board, but I can't qualify any of this, so please anyone, don't be calling this secretive nods & winks etc.

Red Bull care about the fans as much as they do the teeth of the consumers who drink their drinks :P

Decent piece on Red Bullocks - https://sports.vice.com/article/for-the ... occer-plot
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

onenorthernsoul wrote: Red Bull care about the fans as much as they do the teeth of the consumers who drink their drinks :P
:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

onenorthernsoul wrote:Phil62, that's your opinion, there is no need to basically ridicule fellow Leeds fans about it. Some fans feel very strongly about the possibility of kit changes, name changes, the erasing of history, the lack of community spirit at a club... all possibilities with a company like Red Bull. Each to their own, depends what you want out of football and what you love about LUFC so much that you would object to attempts to take it away.
I was not ridiculing anybody, you are perfectly entitled to stand up for those traditions but I don't think (imo in case you are offended) that those things are so important these days. And why is history erased for gods sake? It's not as if we have the same badge we have always had. It is well known Leeds played in blue and gold until the Revie era. Things change. It's still Leeds United. I don't understand the resistance to change if it brings success on the pitch, kudos to the city of Leeds and better quality football to watch. I'm happy to agree to disagree by the way - certainly no offence intended.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

whiteinfrance wrote:
phil62 wrote:God forbid Red Bull should come in, invest in some better players, develop the stadium, get us competing in the premier league again - that would be terrible wouldn't it. Football is a business, it is bought and sold every week. Is a change if strip, logo etc not a price worth paying? New York kit seems t be predominantly white to me anyway - bit of red piping wouldn't kill it. We wore red shirts a few times in the 70s didn't we? Just because it is the colour of Manchester United doesn't mean it's evil. I love the White and I would hope it is kept but it's no a deal breaker is it?
Phil does talk a lot of sense, and I find myself agreeing with him most of the time.

Again I think he is spot on here. It's success on the field that matters and I would rather be playing in Europe in the changed strip Phil describes above, than playing in League 1 or 2 in all white.

I remember Revie changed from our traditional blue and gold to all white to resemble Real Madrid. Many didn't like that change either.
So, in reality all-white is not our true colours!

Although I don't like it either, as Phil says, let's look at the bigger picture.
Should have read your post first - it's not just me then. Cheers!
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”