Bellusci charged

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Bellusci charged

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Giuseppe Bellusci charged by FA for alleged racial abuse of Norwich's Cameron Jerome, according to Daniel Taylor from the Guardian and Phil Hay.
Winner of the Europa League
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Bellusci charged

Post by SiMamu »

And according to the FA themselves: http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/20 ... ci-charged

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-7017266

He has until the 2 January 2015 to respond.
Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ · 10m10 minutes ago
BREAKING: Bellusci denies charge and says "he did not use racist language." #SSNHQ
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

More bad news. Had actually forgotten all about it. Wait and see what happens now, I wonder what cellino will do if they find him guilty and ban him, after what he said about it at the time.
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Aaron »

Is there actually any evidence?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

SMorientes wrote:I wonder what cellino will do if they find him guilty and ban him, after what he said about it at the time.
If I recall, Cellino was very vocal about this at the time saying he would kick his bum (so to speak) and get rid of him.

How does Cellino react though, if the FA find him guilty, and as I suspect Bellusci still denies it even if found guilty ?.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Aaron wrote:Is there actually any evidence?
There was little evidence with Suarez, but the numpty admitted calling him, Negro, several times, but idiotically claimed it wasn't a racist word where he came from. Should Bellusci not completely deny it, he will do their job for them. His word against Jeromes = Not guilty.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Simon O'Rourke ‏@simon_orourke · 2h2 hours ago
I see there are whispers that the word "Negare" ("deny" in English) was used by Bellusci. If true, it's open/shut, surely.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

I think it's going to be hard to prove a case against Bellusci because, as the OS says, there's no third party evidence.

And I understand Saurez's comment. My wife, whose mother tongue is Spanish, invariably refers to black people as 'negritos' and I'd be fairly sure that a corresponding, similar sounding word exists in Italian and may have been used by Bellusci. As it's a diminutive it's also something of a term of endearment, ironically!

:geek:
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
oxblood
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by oxblood »

I imagine most footballers are insulting their opposition most of the time, can you imagine what Vinny Jones was saying to players without any racist comments? Probably more offensive insults than we could think of. I lived in Spain and the Spanish described any other race by their skin colour or nationality, it was accepted as the way they did things. Negra simply meant someone was black skin amd blanco was someone with white skin, someone with blond or fair hair was Rubio and someone with dark hair had negra hair. It depends on what context the player said something to him in.
Is it me or has Leeds gone mad
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

If he's said the word Negra and tries to pass it off as been none racist, they will ban him for at least 6 matches.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT