Bellusci charged

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NikosAGr1985
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: Bellusci charged

Post by NikosAGr1985 »

If he used the word negro, negrito (???) or whatever he should be banned and Cellino should kick him out asap.

It's racism, it's utterly stupid and mindless. There is no other way to look at it, sorry m8s.

Don't try to excuse him. There is no room for racists in football, even more so in Leeds United.

If you want to insult someone (as someone mentioned Vinnie...), fine by me. Actually, I like aggresive players.
Insulting his color or race or anything like that, you insult me, the club, everyone.
Massimo Cellino: "I 've bought garbage players with the McCormack money".
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

NikosAGr1985 wrote:If he used the word negro, negrito (???) or whatever he should be banned and Cellino should kick him out asap.

It's racism, it's utterly stupid and mindless. There is no other way to look at it, sorry m8s.

Don't try to excuse him. There is no room for racists in football, even more so in Leeds United.

If you want to insult someone (as someone mentioned Vinnie...), fine by me. Actually, I like aggresive players.
Insulting his color or race or anything like that, you insult me, the club, everyone.
Completely agree. Using racist language is inexcusable. Using any discriminatory language or behaviour is inexcusable in any walk of life. There is so little respect anywhere these days, we should not tolerate players who behave in this way.

If footballers really need to call each other names and abuse each other verbally, then they should use words that are completely neutral without discriminatory content.

I wonder if the governing bodies of football have a list of prohibited words - as this is such an issue - they should have.
oxblood
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by oxblood »

Trouble is there isn't any neutral insult. Whatever they call each other is likely to offend, that's the whole purpose of it. Any insult is likely to latch on to a protected characteristic or genetic insult.
Is it me or has Leeds gone mad
NikosAGr1985

Post by NikosAGr1985 »

oxblood wrote:Trouble is there isn't any neutral insult. Whatever they call each other is likely to offend, that's the whole purpose of it. Any insult is likely to latch on to a protected characteristic or genetic insult.
Sorry m8, but you're wrong and you know it.

He could have used a million insults. Do you really want me to name a few?

Seriously, you don't see a differece between calling someone a c..t or calling him a negro?

How do you think Doukara or Austin would feel about their teammate calling black players f...g negros?

We are not Lazio. We are LUFC. Have you not heard of this guy?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Johanneson

Or this guy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucas_Radebe
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

The thing is we don't don't know what was said, so we just have to hope that the truth prevails. If Bellusci did not say anything racist then I hope that is exactly what comes out because mud sticks. And if he did say something racist then he needs to be punished and educated. Simple as that.

That's the easy bit, the hard bit is getting the right outcome from another kangaroo court.
NikosAGr1985

Post by NikosAGr1985 »

Sheepy wrote:The thing is we don't don't know what was said, so we just have to hope that the truth prevails. If Bellusci did not say anything racist then I hope that is exactly what comes out because mud sticks. And if he did say something racist then he needs to be punished and educated. Simple as that.

That's the easy bit, the hard bit is getting the right outcome from another kangaroo court.
I agree Sheepy. The thing is, we have to protect our reputation as a club. Do we want a racist stain on our image? I don't think we do.

Therefore, I see no other way than obeying to the final decision of the body that deals with this case. If convicted, kick him out. If not, all is well.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

oxblood wrote:Trouble is there isn't any neutral insult. Whatever they call each other is likely to offend, that's the whole purpose of it. Any insult is likely to latch on to a protected characteristic or genetic insult.
I meant 'neutral' as in - without discriminatory content. An insult is always derogatory and intended to offend, but it is not always and doesn't have to be base upon discrimination or use of genetics or characteristics in the way that you mean. You can call someone a 'wazzock' for instance and it is just an insult, it has no other connotation. Anyone can be called a 'wazzock' and it would mean the same thing whoever it was thrown at - if you see what I mean.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Yeah, I know what you meant, Frankie - like the diff between calling someone a "bast..d !" and a "black bast..d !"

There's all kind of insults flying about during every single game played on the planet, from the primary school playground to the World Cup Final, but there's also a line to be drawn and a code to be followed.
I hope he isn't racist but it wouldn't surprise me if he was as too many Italians are - look at Balotelli being booed by his own fans when on international duty. I know our country isn't perfect (BNP anyone ?) but we're years ahead of southern Europe and much of the US when it comes to prejudice.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Frankie wrote:
I meant 'neutral' as in - without discriminatory content. An insult is always derogatory and intended to offend, but it is not always and doesn't have to be base upon discrimination or use of genetics or characteristics in the way that you mean. You can call someone a 'wazzock' for instance and it is just an insult, it has no other connotation. Anyone can be called a 'wazzock' and it would mean the same thing whoever it was thrown at - if you see what I mean.
I haven't heard the word Wazzock for a long time Frankie, cheers for that it brought back memories from when my mum and dad were alive and made me chuckle.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

SiMamu wrote:
Simon O'Rourke ‏@simon_orourke · 2h2 hours ago
I see there are whispers that the word "Negare" ("deny" in English) was used by Bellusci. If true, it's open/shut, surely.
I hope that this is what actually happened, not just a clever cover story. If this is the truth then it's ideal: Bellusci is innocent and we come out of the affair unscathed and Jerome has made an innocent mistake as you can understand how he may have misheard that.
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."