Leeds Fans, please read this.

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 130

Re: Leeds Fans, please read this.

Post by Deleted User 130 »

davidbattyspants wrote:Don't really want to be "that guy" but what does having "fans" on the board actually acheive?
Hey DBP, it's not a matter of being 'that guy' bud, if anyone has doubts, reservations or questions then they should express them :thumbup: Personal point of view, I expected nothing else on here but polite response and no personal criticism and that's all I've got. My head would have exploded if trying to answer questions on certain other sites :D

Chaps, most of you know more than I do about football 'business' matters and how other clubs across the world operate and in some cases succeed well. What fan representation achieves, I believe, can be seen at clubs like Dortmund and Swansea, and Barcelona even. If I'm wrong to mention those then I'm wrong (and sorry) but I cannot see any negative aspect to us having some voice at the top level of our club.

Dave, the attendees were a cross-section of Leeds fans. Most had never even met each other before. As far as my own involvement is concerned, I read the article on the 2900 Miles site (Simon O'Rourke's interview with Mike Farnan) and I read an invitation somewhere saying email them if wanted to know more, etc etc. That is, as far as I know, how all of us were invited, as individuals. I believe 5 people dropped out at late notice. Anyway, the next meeting will be bigger and I'm sure more will be invited to attend. Monday was a start, to get things moving and get people talking, there is no secret committee or anything negative about it all, it's simple and obvious that not every passionate and inquisitive Leeds fan could be asked to attend. I know there are some who are miffed they weren't asked, people who are vocal and active in their views of how to run the club, but that might well be addressed for the next meeting. Please have no doubts about it, no one was there for a 'jolly' or to suck up to the others, Mike Farnan took some criticism and 'heavy' questioning.

Representing the Leeds fan base will be a massive task of course but I don't agree that it's impossible. It IS impossible to represent every single view & opinion but whoever does have to do it will be there by democratic means and will be there as a normal LUFC supporter.

thanks for thanking me but honestly, it is nothing but my good fortune to be able to do it.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

When is the next meeting & how many attendees are expected ?
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 130

To be confirmed, I was told late January.

I think there is going to be a flurry of activity very very soon too, online etc. I'll try to keep you posted on here though it might be difficult today, for obvious reasons, as i am Santa Claus I mean I am out this afternoon.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

onenorthernsoul wrote:What unrest, ISR? Is there one supporter who wants GFH here?
Firstly merry Xmas - I think any talk of takeover etc inevitably causes unrest and unless TL specifically state their intention is to just buy out GFH then the speculation inevitability undermines Cellino somewhat. Regardless if GFH are willing to sell & Cellino wants them out I'm pretty sure he will buy them out. The TL initiative seems somewhat pointless, given we appear to have a well intentioned owner who has substantial funding and has made no indication that he wants out. If and when he indicates he needs assistance, or financial help I'm sure he will be in touch with Farnan, prior to that point, however well intentioned TL are probably just wasting every bodies time.
Deleted User 130

I disagree, I don't see it as unrest and anyway, the speculation seems to be permanent with our club, that's no one's fault when the speculation is truth and when the people involved have nothing but good intentions and have the proof of funding, which they always did have. The only thing we can do is wait and see but it isn't undermining Cellino when they were in talks together, and I personally understand & appreciate why Cellino stopped the talks (because more GFH shenanigans were uncovered by his people).

A rhetorical question - does anyone really think Cellino prefers to be with GFH or with someone like TL who are upfront and in the open? The aim has to be GFH's share of the club, it isn't anti-Cellino at all and to be blunt about it ISR, if you think that with all the legal 'challenges' Cellino is facing, that these TL revelations are undermining him or even worrying him, then I think you'd be mistaken.

And thanks, Merry Christmas to you and yours :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I see the rebranding has begun. :thumbup:

Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 130

I'm going out now, Phil, so can you post any links please? Great photo.

Also, can I just say that your signature still makes me chuckle every time I read it :D
Deleted User 130

'Together Leeds' statement, a damned sight better Christmas announcement than the Queen's speech :D

http://www.2900miles.com/together-leeds-statement/

My apologies Your Majesty, if you read this.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

onenorthernsoul wrote:I disagree, I don't see it as unrest and anyway, the speculation seems to be permanent with our club, that's no one's fault when the speculation is truth and when the people involved have nothing but good intentions and have the proof of funding, which they always did have. The only thing we can do is wait and see but it isn't undermining Cellino when they were in talks together, and I personally understand & appreciate why Cellino stopped the talks (because more GFH shenanigans were uncovered by his people).

A rhetorical question - does anyone really think Cellino prefers to be with GFH or with someone like TL who are upfront and in the open? The aim has to be GFH's share of the club, it isn't anti-Cellino at all and to be blunt about it ISR, if you think that with all the legal 'challenges' Cellino is facing, that these TL revelations are undermining him or even worrying him, then I think you'd be mistaken.

And thanks, Merry Christmas to you and yours :D
Your right in one aspect here in so much as I don't think Cellino is worried about TL. To him they are an irrelevance, who he will only really entertain once they make a formal offer of say £80m for his shares. They could however undermine him, however in claiming to be the "voice of the people" the "Leeds united supporters democratic option". In the same way some idiots question the managers position after each defeat without knowing him or seeing the big picture. I am concerned this might manifest itself into a periodic Cellino out campaign after a run of defeats, the sale of a player etc, despite the club continuing to move in the right direction. In short I'm concerned TL will create instability, and im not sure they are a better option. I really supported the lust campaign against bates, we now have a new owner that ticks most of the boxes, I'm also concerned there are a body of supporters who will not be happy whoever is in charge, and will undermine our progress off the field. Question for you - have TL been in touch with GFH regarding purchasing their shares - that would be a great place to start. If neither GFH or Cellino are willing to sell then the Farnan group can organise as many meetings as they want but they are just wasting every bodies time.
Last edited by isrodger on 26 Dec 2014, 10:45, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 130

It has been said all along that this isn't about 'anti' anyone, it's about getting Leeds fans united, it's not about 'worrying' or harassing anyone, least of all Cellino. The links I've posted yesterday should give a better idea of what is being planned.

ISR, I sense an undercurrent of suspicion in your words, about fans who want to be a part of Together Leeds. It isn't about egos or about undermining the club or the team, it's about doing good for the fans and for the club, and it's open to all. It won't be TL starting or even suggesting a campaign against Cellino if the team loses again or he sells good players, it won't need to be because that is how football support here works, any unrest on the terraces won't need TL or any group to start a movement against him, it will happen anyway.

Off to the pre-match now, MOT :D