Leeds Fans, please read this.

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Leeds Fans, please read this.

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Having thought more about this the one thing that could force GFH's hand is the fear of relegation. Relegation would see share prices drop for at least a year, can't see them wanting to loose more money than they have invested.
Winner of the Europa League
NikosAGr1985
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by NikosAGr1985 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Having thought more about this the one thing that could force GFH's hand is the fear of relegation. Relegation would see share prices drop for at least a year, can't see them wanting to loose more money than they have invested.
If this is true then I can see them wanting to sell before Santa comes.
Massimo Cellino: "I 've bought garbage players with the McCormack money".
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Having thought more about this the one thing that could force GFH's hand is the fear of relegation. Relegation would see share prices drop for at least a year, can't see them wanting to loose more money than they have invested.
Exactly my thoughts, if there could be one good thing to come of this bad form, it would be GFH selling their share of the club quickly to cut their losses.

Why though is Bates still in the picture? Is Cellino his patsy?
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

I really don't see that GFH will be worried about relegation - as I said before I am convinced that they got in and out in profit and now effectively hold their 25% stake for "free" and will sit it out in the hope of a huge bonanza if we ever get into the Prem or if someone appears with billions to buy them out at a similar bonanza price. That's how I see it and I agree with ISR, everything else is just wasting time and effort if those shares or Cellino's shares are not going to be offered for sale.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

But Dave, you and ISR and well everyone, do not know what their intentions are regarding willingness to sell. There have been plenty of things happening, or rumoured to have happened, recently with respect to GFH men wanting out... all of it, as always, has been mentioned on waccoe. I tell you what IS a waste of time and effort and that's trying to do nothing and then dismissing those that try to, for the benefit of the fans and the club. That isn't a dig at anyone specifically.
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by saintjimmy »

Just wonder what sort of price they would sell for (GFH that is ) would any one pay more for 25% than MC paid for 75% ? That would seem crazy to me , have I got it right that MC paid between £25-£32m if so TL would want to be looking at around £7-£8m ? I guess it's not as easy that though.

Again ons , thanks for a little inside info :thumbup:
MOT
Deleted User 130

Thanks St J, again, though none of it is really 'inside info' as anything I've learned this week has been online anyway. I'm not 'In The Know', I was just fortunate to be at the first meeting. This Together Leeds initiative is open to all Leeds fans. Obviously though, it is impossible to invite every one to a meeting... which is why forums are good ways of getting questions asked, and they will be answered. As I'm sure we all appreciate, there have been a lot of good questions on all manner of media. They're all being collated and will be collectively addressed.
Deleted User 130

Cut n Pasted from 2900 site...

Together Leeds Statement

Released on behalf of Together Leeds:

On December 22nd the Farnan-Verity Group (formerly known as Together Leeds) called a meeting of a cross-section of ordinary supporters which included both fans affiliated with groups and independent fans. The meeting was not chaired by any one person and didn’t have a pre-set agenda.

After two and half hours of free flowing open dialogue, we all came to the conclusion that the fans need more influence over the future of Leeds United. The Farnan-Verity Group agreed to be part of this community and were asked to hand over the name ‘Together Leeds’. This allows us to access it’s contacts, expertise, and potential funding in the future, and use the vehicle ‘Together Leeds’ to kick start this idea.

We are not acting as part of any fans group, but as a community of all fans. We want every fan and fans group to come together, and use our collective power for the benefit of Leeds United.

Leeds United needs a return to the family spirit which was such an important factor in our most dominant era, and which has been a great part of all the club’s high points since. In doing this our first aim is to secure the 25% of Leeds United Football Club not held by Massimo Cellino. We believe that subject to him successfully appealing the Football League decision, our ownership of the minority stake would free Massimo Cellino to make the stalled investment in Elland Road, and the club.

We will be answering questions using the @togetherleeds twitter account on the morning of January 4th before the Sunderland FA Cup game, please start sending your questions. In late January there will be a meeting of all interested parties. If you would like to attend, express your interest through the @togetherleeds account using the hashtag #TogetherLeedsMeeting and closer to the time we will follow up with details of time, date and venue.

The preceding statement was issued by the Together Leeds group. The statement was not authored by Simon O’Rourke, or any 2900Miles.com writer. We have offered the use of this website for the purpose of the statement as we fully support the group and the ideas put forth.
Tags: Leeds United Football Club, Together Leeds
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

saintjimmy wrote:Just wonder what sort of price they would sell for (GFH that is ) would any one pay more for 25% than MC paid for 75% ? That would seem crazy to me , have I got it right that MC paid between £25-£32m if so TL would want to be looking at around £7-£8m ? I guess it's not as easy that though.

Again ons , thanks for a little inside info :thumbup:
MOT
Hi but Cellino inherited debt so whilst he may have paid £25m he then has invested further money to pay off circa £20m of debt. GFH share therefore woukd be worth £12.5m but they would certainly want a premium.
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

onenorthernsoul wrote:But Dave, you and ISR and well everyone, do not know what their intentions are regarding willingness to sell. There have been plenty of things happening, or rumoured to have happened, recently with respect to GFH men wanting out... all of it, as always, has been mentioned on waccoe. I tell you what IS a waste of time and effort and that's trying to do nothing and then dismissing those that try to, for the benefit of the fans and the club. That isn't a dig at anyone specifically.
You're absolutely right ONS, nobody knows their intentions are. So wouldn't it might be a good idea, for together leeds to to ascertain if GFH or Cellino for that matter, are prepared to sell the stake in the club. At that point they can then put a formal offer to them. I fear I may sound a bit like bates but however well-intentioned they are, it seems like together leads are just letting off a lot of hot air, talking about structures, formats, future fan engagement/representation when in reality they may never get their hands on any equity stake in the club.

It's like me persuading my wife and kids to relocate to where you live, explaining how I'm going to extend your property, Build the kids an indoor five aside football court; The Mrs Will have a 30 m² walk in wardrobe etc. When I've got no idea whether you will ever sell me your house for any amount of money.

You're right I am suspicious of their intentions. The way they are approaching this seems bizarre. None of the named party, appear to have a net worth of more than 5% of that of Cellinos. Farnan and Pearson hitherto have been salaried men, taking up senior commercial positions in various clubs which were funded by other investors monies.

In short ONS "talk is cheap, money buys houses" If together leeds want to buy a stake in the club, get on and do it. Then start engaging with fans etc. And for the record I'm not anti TL it's I'm not sure they are credible.

Finally thanks for bringing this to the forum - it might seem I'm shooting he messenger which isn't my intention.