Leeds Fans, please read this.

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 130

Re: Leeds Fans, please read this.

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Petter-Andre lives in Norway, Phil, and has been a big influence in 'uniting' a lot of Leeds fans around the world, as far as I can tell. Again, I didn't know him before but he wants to help promote the TL initiative. Seems a good chap, honest, straightforward, very enthusiastic.

I don't know (about MG's suitability) but I know he relishes a debate or two :)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Together Leeds statement.
On December 22nd the Farnan-Verity Group (formerly known as Together Leeds) called a meeting of a cross-section of ordinary supporters which included both fans affiliated with groups and independent fans. The meeting was not chaired by any one person and didn’t have a pre-set agenda.
After two and half hours of free flowing open dialogue, we all came to the conclusion that the fans need more influence over the future of Leeds United. The Farnan-Verity Group agreed to be part of this community and were asked to hand over the name ‘Together Leeds’. This allows us to access it’s contacts, expertise, and potential funding in the future, and use the vehicle ‘Together Leeds’ to kick start this idea.
We are not acting as part of any fans group, but as a community of all fans. We want every fan and fans group to come together, and use our collective power for the benefit of Leeds United.
Leeds United needs a return to the family spirit which was such an important factor in our most dominant era, and which has been a great part of all the club’s high points since. In doing this our first aim is to secure the 25% of Leeds United Football Club not held by Massimo Cellino. We believe that subject to him successfully appealing the Football League decision, our ownership of the minority stake would free Massimo Cellino to make the stalled investment in Elland Road, and the club.
We will be answering questions using the @togetherleeds twitter account on the morning of January 4th before the Sunderland FA Cup game, please start sending your questions.
In late January there will be a meeting of all interested parties. If you would like to attend, express your interest through the @togetherleeds account using the hashtag #TogetherLeedsMeeting and closer to the time we will follow up with details of time, date and venue.
Winner of the Europa League
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

NottinghamWhite wrote:A couple of things who is Petter Andre as he appears to be drumming up interest for the next meeting ?
He's a singer, mate. Went on I'm a Celebrity not so long ago, used to be married to Katie Price, now does Iceland adverts, considered a bit of a 'hunk'.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

onenorthernsoul wrote:Petter-Andre lives in Norway, Phil, and has been a big influence in 'uniting' a lot of Leeds fans around the world, as far as I can tell. Again, I didn't know him before but he wants to help promote the TL initiative. Seems a good chap, honest, straightforward, very enthusiastic.

I don't know (about MG's suitability) but I know he relishes a debate or two :)
Just seems weird to me that GC steps down from LUST & takes up with TL. MG comes on the scene & is trying to undermine TL, coincidence ? Or has there been internal strife within LUST ?
Deleted User 130

I think it's just coincidence, Phil, as you know, Gary left LUST, it wasn't for any negative or 'strife' reasons.
Deleted User 130

Just a reminder about tomorrow before the match, there should be some very interesting reading for Leeds fans :thumbup:

'We will be answering questions using the @togetherleeds twitter account on the morning of January 4th before the Sunderland FA Cup game... In late January there will be a meeting of all interested parties. If you would like to attend, express your interest through the @togetherleeds account using the hashtag #TogetherLeedsMeeting and closer to the time we will follow up with details of time, date and venue.'

MOT :clap:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

The start of the Q&A session.

@WACCOE_: My question is who runs the twitter account?
A - @TogetherLeeds twitter account is run by Dylan Thwaites (@leedsutd1) and Shaun "Lardy" Wager (@ShaunijeW). DT answering today.

Russell Doig: How did the Monday night 12 become TL? How and when did this happen?
A -@farnanm tweeted plan to meet with LUFC fans, some asked to attend, others were invited by@billyisgod. Nobody knew more than half of the people in the room. There were no cliques, just individual passionate Leeds fans.

lockstock: Who is setting the agenda?
A - There was no agenda & no minute taking. No one person dominated. We all listened respectfully. At the end we agreed that there is a need for fan ownership and influence. The group asked me (Dylan Thwaites) to lead this first phase.

braddersmd: the intention is to buy the 25% stake that GFH own - how? Who is paying for it? Shares, and also the debt that comes with it?
A - Leeds fans supporting @TogetherLeeds have enough wealth to buy the GFH 25% stake and any legitimate debt that passes due diligence, we want as wide support base as possible, so initial values need to be accessible or we need to allow fan groups to pool funds

braddersmd: did anyone ask Farnan why, if funding to purchase the 25% is already in place, they have not done so?
A - I have met with the Farnan-Verity Group & can confirm that there are a no. of Leeds fan backers capable of funding it individually the owners of the 25% are sitting on their hands which is one reason MC has been unable to invest fully. We need to force a change.

@arcticreviews : 1) Who's selling? 2) Where's the money coming from? 3) LUST reckon you can't legally do it?
1) We need to persuade the non MC 25% to sell to break the log jam 2)Leeds fans rich and poor 3) Not true

theseagullbus: fans should have a right to send someone [to the meeting] to represent their views
A- There is an open invite to attend the next meeting. Just contact us or tweet #TogetherLeedsMeeting to register interest

Jackos: Why the need for a new fans alliance, headed by a couple of 'individuals' when we already have The Trust?
LUST, LUSC, RMC, SLI, SS5.. all do brilliant but different work. @TogetherLeeds is solely about fan ownership. No need to fight each other.

Jackos: What makes you think Cellino will let anyone else get there hands on GFH 25%?
If the 25% agree to sell, MC has right to 1st refusal. Currently FL won't allow him to exercise that right. Either way we break the log jam

mydadin72: Can further Leeds fans join TL on an equal footing to those who attended the first meeting?
A - YES. No preferential treatment. I'll report back to founders til meeting 2 (M2). At M2 we give mandate to handful of us to deliver actual results, and feedback to the whole of the community (subject to reasonable commercial and confidentiality requirements)

Russell Doig: Which one of the fans (not any of the Farnan-Verity Group) initiated the request to hand over the name Together Leeds?
I suggested MF hand it over as it's profile & 5000 followers would let a fan ownership community emerge quickly. He consented immediately

mcpolar: Why was 4th Jan chosen when a lot of fans will be on their way to Sunderland?
Q&A will hopefully provoke discussion en route to Sunderland & in the ground. Many questions asked earlier. Answers will remain later.

@adamclarke19 Q - do you have specific goals I.e. A short medium and long term plan and can these be released to everyone?
Long term goal is to make LUFC great again. We need to utilise our greatest asset - the fans. So short term we want to control the 25%.

@adamclarke19 Q - what will the set up be within the club if the bid is successful?
A - The current 25% have 2 board members, we would need to develop a fair mechanism for putting 2 fans on the board.

@adamclarke19 Q- what are the time scales for getting everything together in preparation & when do you envisage is being able to submit a bid?
A - There are so many potential scenarios that we need to be able to move quickly if necessary, but we should aim to start making progress after M2

@EdJones92 Q- How will the finances work? Will fans be investing money?
A - Yes fans will invest money, the mechanism is open to debate. We are reviewing Spanish, German and UK ideas to find the best fit for us.

@EdJones92 Q- Who is in charge? What will TL's relationship with LUST be? Have you had any recent dialogue with GFH?
A - I'm in charge until M2, no dialogue with GFH yet. LUST is a massively important fan group & we hope it will help us achieve fan ownership at LUFC

@SiEd67 Q - there is only one question really; Do you have enough money/funds to T/O the club. Inc debt and to run it correctly
A- Yes. The Farnan-Verity group are backing this initiative and I know they evidenced proof of funds to the FL. Plus 100's of other Leeds fans keen also.

@barrattello9 Q- No offence but what can @TogetherLeeds bring to the table?
A - None taken! Transparency, funding and a voice to our greatest asset - the fans. No in-fighting. A way out of this perpetual nightmare.

@whitemaremma Q- is there a realistic chance we can obtain at least 25% from Nooruddin etc.
A - Yes, the LUFC adventure has brought shame and embarrassment to some GFH related investors, we may be able to help with a face saving exit.

@steakandsidney Q- How receptive is Massimo to your overtures ?
A - We haven't talked directly to MC, he's in Miami. But we have reason to believe he is willing to explore the idea with us. He is a Leeds fan after all.

@themightyleeds Q - Hi, could I contact you through email or any other form of communication rather than twitter? Thanks
A - We are trying to follow back as many as possible to facilitate DM on twitter, but you can also email togetherleeds@mail.com

@leedshunter Q- This stake in the club we are trying to purchase, Is it even for sale, cos that's a major stumbling block really?!
A- In business, everything is for sale. (Don't we know it at Leeds!) We believe the 25% would exit if the right formula can be found.

@ingham37 Q- Their have been many rumours linking you to Cellino, could you work with the current owner ?
A - We are not linked, but would work with MC. The 25% is causing a log jam. He can't do anything about it because of FL restrictions.

@Dannyshiels Q- if you purchase 25% of Lufc. Do you have the backing to put money in for transfers and such and also pay down current debt ?
A - Yes, an individual in the Farnan-Verity group was prepared to match the original Cellino bid by himself. There are many more wealthy Leeds fans.

@ChatLUFC Q - please ensure that there is a way to conference in or Skype in to your January meeting. Thanks
A- Once we have a venue we will work on this. Can anyone offer a venue that will take 200-300 Leeds fans?

@campotheclown Q - have you held/will you be looking to speak with the various sections, eg LUST, Ray fell?
A- I will try to meet all major fan groups before M2 and reassure them that a fan owned LUFC benefits us all. Who should be on my list?

@bstackslufc Q - How do you plan to give the fans a voice with the 25%? Do fans purchase "shares" of the 25% or do we just trust you?
A- There are many different fan ownership schemes we are assessing them all. Fans should have shares and choose who represents their voice.

@_Lee_Wood_ Q - Sorry but how can @TogetherLeeds expect Cellino to work with them when half the people in it really want shut of him?
A- While many of us criticised the lack of due diligence in the purchase from GFH, there is no arguing his passion for LUFC. The target is the 25% of shares held by others. This shareholding is stopping MC from implementing his investment plans. So we expect MC to welcome us.

Knowsjack: Does the 25% being targeted, if sold, then retain the same veto/voting power after transfer ?
A- Terms would have to be negotiated at the time.

lockstock: How would the fans involvement be able to effect or veto decisions in the future, will it have any voting rights in the board?
A- A 25% stake gives significant minority rights. We would expect two board members as per the existing arrangement.

stoptap: what strategy will be used in attempting to purchase GFH's 25% ?
A- We need the 25% (GFH and others) to appreciate the benefits of leaving LUFC with honour intact.

@_Lee_Wood_: How the hell can you represent fans when most fans disagree on everything?
A- Be the change you want to see. Who disagrees with "Side before self every time"? There's a starting point, we are the clubs greatest asset.

@MDu5_: Are TL looking for a majority or minority stake in the club?
A- We seek the 25% minority stake. If MC is forced to sell by the FL, we would seek a majority stake.

@blackpoolwhite: I wonder how much input LUST / Cooperman will have?
A - Gary Cooper and the chair of LUST were among the 15 in the first meeting. Neither tried to or succeeded in driving the agenda. I think I was asked to lead this first stage because I only knew one person in the room. Conscious attempt to avoid factions.

@_Lee_Wood_: What percentage of the fundingis Mike Farnan and his backers supplying?
A- Farnan-Verity Group can underwrite the whole amount, but we want a wide share ownership, so they will only take up what's left over.

@farriersreg: Where's your mandate from & why do you think you speak for the majority when you are a self selected quorum?
A - Give us a chance! We only met each other for the first time two weeks ago. We are not trying to speak for anyone except ourselves we have made a proposal and we now want a mandate from those that also desire fan ownership of LUFC.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

@Poosewhite Q - so can MC buy the 25% or not. TL saying FL wont let him?
A - The FL would not give him approval to buy the 25%

@MooneyJ7G Q - so if a wide base secured the 25%, could would Farnan/Verity be able to look at a portion or all Cellino share?
A - Our focus is on the 25%. If the FL force MC to sell then we could use the same mechanism to secure fan ownership of the whole.

@Ken_DeMange Q - Should circumstances dictate his departure, are the group still in a position to buy Cellino's stake in LUFC?
A - Yes.

@PaulBrewerLUFC Q - is there a time scale as to when TL plan to make contact with GFH?As we need rid of them from them club.
We would like to see them before meeting 2. We hope they can see it is in their interests to get a clean exit from LUFC.

@CharlieChar Q - can you give us a realistic timeline for acquiring the 25%? We're not in a great place right now, this is urgent
There are so many variables that we just have to be flexible. The first step is to start talking.

@steady1919 Q - realistically how much do you think it would cost for the 25% surley if gfh sold they would want all debt to them paid
Again so many variables. Due diligence would be needed to understand the real position. Other legal matters could force the sale

@Jerrysmith0101 Q - are farnan/verity willing to bid for 75% if cellino fails football league
We would use @TogetherLeeds as a vehicle to bid for fan ownership. Farnan-Verity would provide additional firepower.

@matthewrburch Q - If you have funds why not concentrate on buying GFH stake first, then engage with fans after? Would prove youre credible
A - We are satisfied with the credibility of Farnan-Verity. Our objective is fan ownership, we don't speak for Farnan-Verity.

@fisherpaul330 Q - when is M2 scheduled for?
A - The end of January. TBC.

@jamesjamesbrown Q - so if a "fan" arrived with greater cash sum than them they would happily sit back with minority holding?
A - We see it like floating the Post Office. Smaller shareholders satisfied first. Remainder taken by bigger boys. All fans tho

@LeedsFanz Q - How are you proposing that 40,000 fans have their voice heard at board level? Who will actually sit on the board? Farnan?
A - We're looking at a few models - Dortmund, Barca, Madrid, Munich, St Pauli, Swansea.. Let's see what works best for us.

@LeedsFanz Q - Is the aim to work with Cellino or get him out? I've seen conflicting messages from those attending the 1st meeting.
A - We want the non Cellino 25%. This log jam is preventing MC investing. Our input would help MC deliver his promises.

@LeedsFanz Q - do you think all those who followed the previous Together Leeds is a good balanced representation of #lufc fans?
A - Please come to meeting 2. There is nothing pro or anti Cellino in wanting fan ownership of the non Cellino shares.

@LeedsFanz Q - Does Cellino have 1st refusal on the other 25%? Is it likely that he wants 100% ownership? Does he want fan ownership? #lufc
A - MC has 1st refusal, but he wouldn't be able to action it due to FL restrictions. Fan ownership? Who knows? He wants log jam clear
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

He loves that 'log jam' phrase
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
Deleted User 130

Meeting 2 is planned for Saturday 24th January, venue to be confirmed. It is an open invitation.