Leeds Fans, please read this.

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Leeds Fans, please read this.

Post by johnh »

onenorthernsoul wrote:Meeting 2 is planned for Saturday 24th January, venue to be confirmed. It is an open invitation.
Any chance it could be at the Holiday Inn in Maidenhead? :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

johnh wrote:
onenorthernsoul wrote:Meeting 2 is planned for Saturday 24th January, venue to be confirmed. It is an open invitation.
Any chance it could be at the Holiday Inn in Maidenhead? :D
Ha! Yes John, three chances - Slim, Fat and Zero :D
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Question for ONS I understand a further meeting has been called on the 24th - is there a vehicle for talkers to participate in the meeting and receive an invitation?
Deleted User 130

Copied from the long Q&A post above - 'A- There is an open invite to attend the next meeting. Just contact us or tweet #TogetherLeedsMeeting to register interest'

email address is togetherleeds@mail.com
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Anyone attending the second meeting please do keep the forum informed. There has been various stories in the news about increasing fan ownership, such as having 10% owned by fans, so TL's aim of the GFH's 25% is great. I was sceptical on first hearing their proposal to buy GFH's 25%, but it does seem to be aiming for widest possible involvement.
Deleted User 130

Nic wrote:Anyone attending the second meeting please do keep the forum informed. There has been various stories in the news about increasing fan ownership, such as having 10% owned by fans, so TL's aim of the GFH's 25% is great. I was sceptical on first hearing their proposal to buy GFH's 25%, but it does seem to be aiming for widest possible involvement.
Nic, the primary aim is the 25% not owned by Cellino, I think that's all we need to remember at this stage. The one single thing I think all Leeds fans are agreed on is that GFH have damaged, are damaging our club. I'm no prophet or fortune teller but I do believe we can all make a positive impact on the ownership saga of our club and that Together Leeds is the best way forward. It isn't about egos and it isn't about dismissing other Leeds fan groups, it's an attempt at unity, to aim for the right target instead of all the in-fighting and suspicions. I get it that some people are less trusting of Leeds fans trying to actually do something, but all I as an individual can do is continue to ask people to join. I've nothing to gain by doing this, I just feel as a Leeds fan/individual 100% that Together Leeds is the right way forward.

Meeting 2 is planned to be one heck of a spectacle too.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

onenorthernsoul wrote:Copied from the long Q&A post above - 'A- There is an open invite to attend the next meeting. Just contact us or tweet #TogetherLeedsMeeting to register interest'

email address is togetherleeds@mail.com
Cheers Has anyone invited massimo??
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

I do hope the primary aim isn't to simply not have Cellino owning the final 25%. After all what's the difference between GFH retaining 25% and some other consortium buying it ahead of Cellino? The ideas of having the widest possible involvement and prioritising smaller share holders over larger ones is what makes togetherleeds attractive. I would hope it isn't simply a group trying to raise enough funds to buy the 25% but one wanting to involve fan ownership.
Deleted User 130

Nic wrote:I do hope the primary aim isn't to simply not have Cellino owning the final 25%. After all what's the difference between GFH retaining 25% and some other consortium buying it ahead of Cellino? The ideas of having the widest possible involvement and prioritising smaller share holders over larger ones is what makes togetherleeds attractive. I would hope it isn't simply a group trying to raise enough funds to buy the 25% but one wanting to involve fan ownership.
Mate, if I've misled you I apologise, you need to read through all the prior TL statements, the 2900miles.com site is probably the easiest place to do that and such questions are already explained and better than I've managed :) .

'Primary' means the first, in my book. Cellino owns 75%, he doesn't own the remaining 25% which is the 25% I referred to.