Relegation

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Relegation

Post by Barlow Boy »

isrodger wrote:I think we are going through a period when we're not getting the rub of the green.
Not sure about that mate, it was the rub of the green (poor refereeing decisions) which got us a point at Forest.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Agree 100% with all that but would still caution that if we can't improve our defending we will go down. We are far too fragile and I don't actually think any other side in the Championship "gives away" as many goals as we do. We are seldom gifted a goal by anyone we play.
whitedancer
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by whitedancer »

i thought we would go down from start of the season,and have seen nothing to change my mind.
thought we would be battling with blackool,rotherham and millwall 3 from 4 dont think im far out :x
morris474
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by morris474 »

As a Leeds fan since 1964 It gives me no pleasure in saying. I think staying up is an outside possibility. From his first appointment of The Hock, I think the owner has demonstrated that he has not got a clue about coaches. He changed them in Italy more often than I change my socks, so he obviously cant tell the gifted from the Hocks of this world.
Our only chance is if Our owner ups sticks and heads off to sunnier climates.
We need a chairman with a few Bob, a manager who can manage the team, and dare I say it some defenders who can play football. Wandering around aimlessly not heading and not tackling , never mind not getting into the right positions has got us to where we are.
we have worked hard to take such a giant leap backwards since Graysons team. If we played that team, with our lot today, It would look like the score from Headingley. and not in our favor. Our De fence has been consistently poor.
And what is our great owner trying to do. Sign a forward and a midfield player.!!!!!!!!! You couldn't make it up could you.
Managers of caliber like Lennon, Mackay , are now with other clubs and we are staring fixtures like, Yeovile and Crawley town in the face.
Way back when the Hock was appointed I told these forums what he would be like and where we were heading. I got accused of being negative. Well Im not going to say it but I.T.Y.S.
OH HAPPY NEW YEAR. by the way.
Southstander
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Southstander »

Yes we are a good bet for relegation because we do not have a single player in our squad that is capable of turning a game. Also just watch any match and you will see how we always back off opposition players when they have the ball while when we have it the opposition get straight into us. We love to invite the opposition to run at us. As the season goes on you will see the teams below us battle for points in their fight for Championship survival. We do not have the players to do that so yes we are going to get sucked right into the mix. We cant defend, we have a mostly anonymous midfield and are toothless in attack. Add to that the fact that we cant buy anyone in January, only bring in more third rate foreign players on loan and it is looking like goodbye Championship and hello Fleetwood, Walsall and Crawley. I have said it before that if talking up the club and misplaced optimism counted toward promotion we would be top of the League but it doesn't and we aint. Can anyone honestly see where our next win is coming from cos I cant :thumbdown:
IF THIS CLUB WAS A RACEHORSE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SHOT LONG AGO TO PUT AN END TO ITS SUFFERING
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

I think one of our main problems is that we have a young and inexperienced squad, with an average age of 23, led by an equally inexperienced manager. Every situation is just as much an experience to learn from for the players as it is for Redfearn. I'm hopeful that Steve Thompson will provide some much needed experience in the backroom staff to help us deal with this relegation battle.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

It's likely we will be relegated this season, unless we get at least two, or three really quality players in January, but ..... We've been there before, it's not the end of the world. Also we have a lot of young talent that we can possibly turn in to a team not only good enough to win Div one, but also push for promotion the year after. We have to believe we can acheive this and hopefully we can ....... Without getting relegated.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Aaron »

Aces wrote:Also we have a lot of young talent that we can possibly turn in to a team not only good enough to win Div one, but also push for promotion the year after.
How many of them will want to stick around in L1 though :(?

I personally think we'll be ok. Cellino has surely got to recognise the situation we're in and get some real quality in January (I think we can sign 4 more players)?
ben87
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by ben87 »

Last time we went down we produced a really good team, but I would prefer not to take the chance.
The problem is we keep on selling our best players, McCormack, Gradel, Snodgrass, Bechio, Howson ect, ect. If we still had those guys we'd have been in the prem ages ago.

If we are going to survive we need to IMO, play with wingers like Montenegro and Ajose, give Warnock the captaincy full time, and get a general in defence or midfield. Get rid of this diamond rubbish.and most importantly Massimo needs to stay out of things, he appears to know dick all about tactics, so let readfern and Thompson do there dam job
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

2014 hasn't been a vintage year.

Played 46
Won 12
Drawn 10
Lost 24
Points 46

Things need to improve in 2015 as to me that's relegation form.
Winner of the Europa League