How much longer will Redfearn get?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: How much longer will Redfearn get?

Post by SG90 »

Bring Grayson home in the summer :thumbup:
Deleted User 3237

Post by Deleted User 3237 »

The return of Grayson would certainly lift my spirits however would he find it agreeable if not impossible working solely as a 1st coach? If I allow myself to dream though, and that there were no financial or other restrictions and the move to the MLS collapsed then Gerrard would captain us on his debut - dream END. Back in the real world with Gerrard as captain our somewhat fickle squad would I feel do the metamorphosis to end all metamorphosises and practically overnight we would storm the league.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

The origional question is "How long will Redfearn get ?"

Well defeat today and it wouldn't surprise me if its Monday.
Thats not saying I would agree with it because I'm against chopping and changing during the season, he should be given while the summer.

Does make me laugh reading some peoples comments wanting change given they were among the majority that wanted him in the first place, the same people also complained that Cellino's history in changing managers is a bad thing.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Bob, you woken up yet ?? :D

Selby, you're right.
He should be given till the end of the season, no matter what.
We can re-evaluate things then, look at the finances following various "tests" this year, assess Cellino's position with the league, etc and draw a line in the sand following a very difficult but hopefully ultimately safe season in the division with a view to pushing on next term.

There's a lot of "ifs" there, though :problem:
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Selby White wrote:The origional question is "How long will Redfearn get ?"

Does make me laugh reading some peoples comments wanting change given they were among the majority that wanted him in the first place, the same people also complained that Cellino's history in changing managers is a bad thing.
Exactly - We have waited 10 years for a decent owner - we have a bloke who's invested £40m in 10 months despite facing a plethora of number 2s. He says he's going to buy back the ground and buy a new training ground. We have also wanted to see investment in the playing squad - regardless of their abilities, he has invested more last summer than bates did post administration in 6 years. Adryan could be our most exciting signing since RIo Ferdinand. The signings may not be a success however they are largely bought in line with a long term plan to buy players who will be able to operate at a higher level. We finally have a plan which if followed long term will result in success. However there are some suggesting we make short term warnock type acquisitions (halford/st ledger to name two) some even suggest the return of warnock himself. Until redfearns side descends to last seasons levels then we have to stick with him, I personally wouldn't have sacked darko, but we are where we are. Our footballs ok, but we lack a bit of bite, punch and we are still defensively nieve. Redfearn needs another 12 months at the helm unless we find ourselves adrift in the bottom 3 at Easter, at that point we may have to opt for a short term fix, but for the first time in 12 years we appear to have a strategy.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

SG90 wrote:Bring Grayson home in the summer :thumbup:
He's at the Sunderland game today.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
SG90

Post by SG90 »

Adkins for the rest of the season, then Grayson in the summer.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

SG90 wrote:Adkins for the rest of the season, then Grayson in the summer.
Poor man's McDermott.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
SG90

Post by SG90 »

But more experienced than Redders
Fernandopartridge
Major Frank Buckley's monkey gland expert

Post by Fernandopartridge »

Be careful what you wish for.

Would we be in this position with a BM of NW still in charge? IMO no. We were sat in mid-table with experienced championship players and with a experienced championship manager(s) - exactly what the 'Redfearn out' boo boys are calling for in our current position.