Is Cellino still the right man

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Is Cellino the man

Yes
55%
No
45%

Total votes: 33

Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Is Cellino still the right man

Post by Davycc »

It'll be 13 each now

I know he has put money into the club and has done some good things, all appreciated BUT until we have a either

1. a chairman was has proven himself as a football manager (unlikely) or
2. We have a chairman who leaves footballing decisions to someone ie a Manager who knows this league AND whatever next league we're in

then we're going nowhere. So for me sadly its a no vote.
Last edited by Davycc on 18 Jan 2015, 14:33, edited 2 times in total.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
white viz
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by white viz »

My vote is NO, the sooner Cellino goes and takes all the imports with him the better. Okay we might go down (which I doubt) but start afresh in Lge.1 with Together Leeds and a decent manager (Karl Robinson?) things can only get better. It would be a bitter pill to swallow but the pill will help us recover.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

It's a reluctant "No" from me.

I really liked the guy early doors, but he's proven to be too much of an egotist and I'd rather we were run by committee than by a single loose cannon.

If that other lot can their finances sorted AND we manage to stay up, we might just have a chance of getting back to the Prem in a couple of years, but I just can't see that happening under Cellino ...
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Finally cast my vote. And its a 'reluctant' YES from me.

Its mainly because I like his passion and I like the fact he seems to have the best interests of the club and the fans at heart. For all his egotistical tenancies, he does not seem to want to bleed the club dry of its resources.

He does acknowledge he is a bit odd, and I just hope that he will eventually realise this Italian system he employs at the moment will not work, if he does, I think he is man enough to admit he was wrong.

LOTS of ifs buts and maybes isn't there!

And the closeness of the poll just shows how we all think, seems we don't have as many Cellino lovers as everyone thought.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Sheepy wrote:seems we don't have as many Cellino lovers as everyone thought
Interesting, that.
I surprised myself when I answered this question.
If there was nobody else hovering in the background (hopefully) poised to make him an offer, then I probably would've chosen to say "Yes" ...
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I voted Yes, he's far better than GFH and Bates, he has made some crazy decisions, but he's done a lot of good and he brought in a lot of young talent, instead of old journey men. If only he had set on a Steve Clarke type of coach, I think this poll wouldn't exist.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

rigger wrote:
Sheepy wrote:seems we don't have as many Cellino lovers as everyone thought
Interesting, that.
I surprised myself when I answered this question.
If there was nobody else hovering in the background (hopefully) poised to make him an offer, then I probably would've chosen to say "Yes" ...
Realistically there isn't though, it's only the other 25% the other lot are after, but unless they offer GFH a premiership price for the shares I doubt they will get them.

If Cellino were to sell, for what price, surely it would be the initial cost plus the 20 mil that's just been loaned in plus all the other he put in. Or do you think he'd sell at a vast loss?
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

I voted yes, as I believe he deserves a season to see where we are and the publishing of the financial accounts for this season. That doesn't mean I think he's above criticism, certainly for not giving managers a chance and I think for talking too much in the press. But I think he's done some good things, such as reducing the wage bill, signing young players who will only get better and improving the commercial side of the company. That said some things I'd like to happen still are buying back ER and TA and reducing ticket prices.