Together Leeds initiative

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Together Leeds initiative

Post by dlw10 »

johnh wrote:ISR, thank you for an excellent post. The only issue I disagree with is the value of shares to supporters. I think £100 is about right. It is only ever going to be a 'token' holding and I guess most supporters will frame the share and hang it on the wall. Not many will buy them as an investment. Also, supporters shares are only likely to be a (small) proportion of the 25%, (assuming MC keeps his 75%) with serious investors taking the lions share. The other issue is the investment in the team. The money from the purchase of the shares goes to the seller,GFH, not to the club. If TL can raise £10bn how likely are they to invest large sums if they are minority shareholders?
There is a slight misunderstanding here. The £100 stake being referred to by TL is actthen ually a £100 stake in a Limited Liability Parnership called Together Leeds. The partneship will then try to purchase a shareholding in the club with all the money they accumulate. Hence any fan putting a £100 or more or less even, will not be a shareholder, TL LLP will be. TL will then have an exec board of a few individuals and they will try to get one or 2 on th Leeds United board via their LLP shareholding. That's my understanding anyway having digested the documents. I am not a supported or detractor of the TL movement as yet, juust trying to keep abreast of it as it develops. The next big step is to find people willing to give of their time to fill the leading roles the movement will need. They are looking for non paid volunteers with the necessary skills and people can supply details to TL offering their services.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

dlw10 wrote:
johnh wrote:ISR, thank you for an excellent post. The only issue I disagree with is the value of shares to supporters. I think £100 is about right. It is only ever going to be a 'token' holding and I guess most supporters will frame the share and hang it on the wall. Not many will buy them as an investment. Also, supporters shares are only likely to be a (small) proportion of the 25%, (assuming MC keeps his 75%) with serious investors taking the lions share. The other issue is the investment in the team. The money from the purchase of the shares goes to the seller,GFH, not to the club. If TL can raise £10bn how likely are they to invest large sums if they are minority shareholders?
There is a slight misunderstanding here. The £100 stake being referred to by TL is actthen ually a £100 stake in a Limited Liability Parnership called Together Leeds. The partneship will then try to purchase a shareholding in the club with all the money they accumulate. Hence any fan putting a £100 or more or less even, will not be a shareholder, TL LLP will be. TL will then have an exec board of a few individuals and they will try to get one or 2 on th Leeds United board via their LLP shareholding. That's my understanding anyway having digested the documents. I am not a supported or detractor of the TL movement as yet, juust trying to keep abreast of it as it develops. The next big step is to find people willing to give of their time to fill the leading roles the movement will need. They are looking for non paid volunteers with the necessary skills and people can supply details to TL offering their services.
Not even worth hanging on the wall then. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

TL forum link http://togetherleeds.boards.net/

Worth a look, folks.
GaryCooper
Giddy Kipper

Post by GaryCooper »

isrodger wrote:
GaryCooper wrote:Nice to meet you yesterday Ian.

Just so everyone is clear your suggestion that any fans group puts themselves in front of Cellino at the outset is clearly everyones favoured route - everyone except Cellino who told me (and LUST) he was not interested in any of the proposals we put before him - so that suggestion quite honestly is not really (and you know this) workable at all.

I would dearly have loved to have been able to work with MC on any kind of fanshare project and ground ownership was one of the options offered, he simply was not interested.

Cheers

Gary.
Thanks Ian, very pleased to be here and looking forward to contributing to the various discussions #MOT

Good to meet you too gary. I think on behalf of everyone on here I woukd like to welcome you to the forum and thank & congratulate you on what you achieved with LUST.

You may find this forum a little different from Waccoe - just a few expletives and we occasionally use punctuation!: :lol: i also think there is a genral acceptence that despite us all having different views, we all share a common bond - the love of OUR club. We look forward to you contributing to the forum.