Travel

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Travel

Post by NottinghamWhite »

It’s 9 years since we were at Cape Horn. Was dreading it as I’d heard so many stories of how rough it could be, it was like a mill pond. The photo was taken at 04:30.

Winner of the Europa League
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

Remember once flying over the Atlantic when we got the worst turbulence I've personally encountered.
We were over the Bermuda Triangle at the time :crazy:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Final destination Antarctica

My seventh and final continent on the holiday of a lifetime. I feel so blessed I was able to do it. If anyone gets the chance do it it’s worth every last cent.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

The Fonz wrote:Remember once flying over the Atlantic when we got the worst turbulence I've personally encountered.
I hate getting caught up in turbulence it’s really scary. If it happens then I watch the trolley dollies & how they’re reacting to the situation :lol: I’m nothing more than a coward ;)
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
The Fonz wrote:Remember once flying over the Atlantic when we got the worst turbulence I've personally encountered.
I hate getting caught up in turbulence it’s really scary. If it happens then I watch the trolley dollies & how they’re reacting to the situation :lol: I’m nothing more than a coward ;)
I also hate it but the Mrs actually enjoys it :crazy:

For those not reading all of this we are talking aircraft turbulence ;)
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
I was at the controls of a very light aircraft when we got hit by thermals, I started to panic, think I let out a little scream to be honest but the instructor didn’t break sweat, just took over and balanced us nicely.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Had a night away on Wednesday & Sue asked where we were going but I said it was a surprise & as she was driving all she had to do was follow my instructions. We arrived at the hotel & the moment we got out of the car a young man appeared & took our luggage, all very efficient. Check in was already done online & all that was required was to be allocated a room. We were taken upstairs via the lift to a beautifully appointed room with views over the countryside. Feeling peckish we went to the bar area to order a couple of BLT’s before taking a seat in the library where the food & some delicious Sauvignon was served. The rest of the afternoon we spent exploring the hotel & it’s grounds including a stunning chapel.
Dinner was a nice experience where we had the best scallops as starters either of us have had. The rest of the meal was equally as good. After dinner we went to a lounge area where after a short while we started a conversation with a couple from :x Edinburgh before another couple from down Sarf joined in. A late night ensued.
Not somewhere we would normally frequent but what a fantastic experience it was. Even as we were having dinner our room was tidied with fresh towels & the bed was turned down. My surprise worked as Sue was beaming all the way home ( albeit my wallet was a little lighter ;) ) having stayed in literally hundreds of hotels worldwide this was simply the best I’ve stayed in. It’s only money :lol:
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Had a night away on Wednesday & Sue asked where we were going but I said it was a surprise & as she was driving all she had to do was follow my instructions. We arrived at the hotel & the moment we got out of the car a young man appeared & took our luggage, all very efficient. Check in was already done online & all that was required was to be allocated a room. We were taken upstairs via the lift to a beautifully appointed room with views over the countryside. Feeling peckish we went to the bar area to order a couple of BLT’s before taking a seat in the library where the food & some delicious Sauvignon was served. The rest of the afternoon we spent exploring the hotel & it’s grounds including a stunning chapel.
Dinner was a nice experience where we had the best scallops as starters either of us have had. The rest of the meal was equally as good. After dinner we went to a lounge area where after a short while we started a conversation with a couple from :x Edinburgh before another couple from down Sarf joined in. A late night ensued.
Not somewhere we would normally frequent but what a fantastic experience it was. Even as we were having dinner our room was tidied with fresh towels & the bed was turned down. My surprise worked as Sue was beaming all the way home ( albeit my wallet was a little lighter ;) ) having stayed in literally hundreds of hotels worldwide this was simply the best I’ve stayed in. It’s only money :lol:
Where were you NW?
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

kk white wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Had a night away on Wednesday & Sue asked where we were going but I said it was a surprise & as she was driving all she had to do was follow my instructions. We arrived at the hotel & the moment we got out of the car a young man appeared & took our luggage, all very efficient. Check in was already done online & all that was required was to be allocated a room. We were taken upstairs via the lift to a beautifully appointed room with views over the countryside. Feeling peckish we went to the bar area to order a couple of BLT’s before taking a seat in the library where the food & some delicious Sauvignon was served. The rest of the afternoon we spent exploring the hotel & it’s grounds including a stunning chapel.
Where were you NW?
Yeah, I was waiting for that bit too :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin