Travel

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Travel

Post by Selby White »

Just been watching the Red Bull world Air Championships. Some crazy pilots flying along a slalom course and under one of the bridges along the Danube in sunny Budapest.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:The view from the patio of the farmhouse we are staying at for 2 nights before moving on to Scarbados tomorrow for 4 days at the cricket. We never tire of these views.

If that's your usual haunt that you recommended some time ago we will be there in August (going to a wedding nearby).
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Selby White wrote:
If that's your usual haunt that you recommended some time ago we will be there in August (going to a wedding nearby).
It certainly is Hazelwood Farm & you'll love it here it's so beautiful & peaceful. Just had the best ever Sunday lunch at the Durham Ox, the beef was truly amazing. This establishment now has 200 reviews on trip advisor all are 5/5 says it all really. :D
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Selby White wrote:
It certainly is Hazelwood Farm & you'll love it here it's so beautiful & peaceful. Just had the best ever Sunday lunch at the Durham Ox, the beef was truly amazing. This establishment now has 200 reviews on trip advisor all are 5/5 says it all really. :D
:thumbup:

The wedding is at Crayke Manor but we are staying two nights so Friday the Durham Ox will be where we eat.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Just had a lovely relaxing day in Portishead. A picnic in the sun followed by a walk around the lake and Lido. A bit of a do nothing day, apart from reading the paper and people watching. Lush! :D
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Just got home from a reet grand couple 'o' days in that there London.
We were going to see Adele at Wembley last night but she cancelled with a bad throat, anybody would think she's been touring for 15 months or so? :roll:
Anyways, we went to Borough Market this afternoon, what an amazing place!
Bustling full of sights, sounds and tastes from all and everywhere.
Had some great lunch off a stall entitled 'Soul' food, oxtail stew. Bloomin' lovely it was! :P
We then walked across and back London Bridge and stopped to reflect a fair few minutes at a memorial that's sprung up to victims of that recent atrocity.
Very moving few minutes and took a couple of pic's aswell. MOT.

Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

PockWhite wrote:Just got home from a reet grand couple 'o' days in that there London.
We were going to see Adele at Wembley last night but she cancelled with a bad throat, anybody would think she's been touring for 15 months or so? :roll:
Anyways, we went to Borough Market this afternoon, what an amazing place!
Bustling full of sights, sounds and tastes from all and everywhere.
Had some great lunch off a stall entitled 'Soul' food, oxtail stew. Bloomin' lovely it was! :P
We then walked across and back London Bridge and stopped to reflect a fair few minutes at a memorial that's sprung up to victims of that recent atrocity.
Very moving few minutes and took a couple of pic's aswell. MOT.

Nice one PW :thumbup:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Just about to head to the airport after a fantastic week in Budapest.
What a cracking City it is for us tourists, well up there on my top places to visit.
Finished the hol last night with a dinner cruise along the Danube.
ashingtonleeds
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by ashingtonleeds »

I've just got back from an amazing trip to Venice on the Orient Express. It's been something I've dreamed of for years & the other half surprised me on my 60th birthday with
books, brochures etc. I had to organise it mind !
The only concern was that it would be all toffs & we'd feel a bit out of it, but most folk were just your normal types who'd saved up for a special treat so worries unfounded.
Everyone was treated with the same excellent service, courtesy & respect. It was absolutely fantastic - a real dream come true.
Mind you, after all the posh nosh we were ready for beans on toast & bacon sarnies when we got home.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

ashingtonleeds wrote:I've just got back from an amazing trip to Venice on the Orient Express. It's been something I've dreamed of for years & the other half surprised me on my 60th birthday with
books, brochures etc. I had to organise it mind !
The only concern was that it would be all toffs & we'd feel a bit out of it, but most folk were just your normal types who'd saved up for a special treat so worries unfounded.
Everyone was treated with the same excellent service, courtesy & respect. It was absolutely fantastic - a real dream come true.
Mind you, after all the posh nosh we were ready for beans on toast & bacon sarnies when we got home.
Sounds fantastic, the Orient express is one train journey i would like to do (that and the one in Canada) sometime in the future, maybe with an Agatha Christie theme to it ;)
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.