What's the future like for Adryan?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Re: What's the future like for Adryan?

Post by Deleted User 728 »

isrodger wrote:A midfield diamond of cook, mowatt, adryan and has the potential to be sensational
That would be a triangle, mate :wave:

birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

Now we have switched to 4-2-3-1 I think it is just a matter of time before we see Adryan playing on the left, especially if we don't sign a winger.
A little surprised we haven't seen him play there already. I suggested weeks ago that we would probably get more productivity out of him there as we struggled to get the ball to him quick enough while he was playing in the whole.
In the rough patch he failed to capitalise on a lot of chances and I think that is what cost him his place rather than his work rate (which is good).
The encouraging thing is, he was getting in the right areas at a time when not many others looked like any kind of threat. Unfortunately the misses stick in the mind longer than the none involvement. A bit more confidence and exposure in front of goal and he'll be fine.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
johndivney
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by johndivney »

Adryan embodies the club at present - potential being squandered/not realised.

It's quite clear the kid is in a different class, not only at Leeds, but across the championship. But he doesn't fit. He's the luxury we can't afford. In an ideal world you put him at #10 & you build the team around him. He's akin to a Zola/zico with more than a dash of kaka's gazelle-like runs where he covers the ground w/speed & panache. He's a wonderful gift of a footballer, the exact sort of reason why I love the game.

But this season has been a real disappointment. Another 'could've been' totally inkeeping w/the wasted Leeds narrative.
I hope, eventually, he goes onto bigger & better things (& if he has a half decent agent then that shouldn't be too hard - tho if he had a half decent agent he mightn't have ended up here in the first place, or would've finagled a deal to move on this jan..).
But I fear he might not make it. Stifled & suffocated by our instability.

Hope he makes it happen. Whatever the tale, this season'll show the character of the boy. It's obvious he has got little support & nurturing from Leeds/redfearn, so it's up to him. Either force the issue, raise his game or walk away (& try his luck somewhere easier..??)
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johndivney wrote:Adryan embodies the club at present - potential being squandered/not realised.

It's quite clear the kid is in a different class, not only at Leeds, but across the championship. But he doesn't fit. He's the luxury we can't afford. In an ideal world you put him at #10 & you build the team around him. He's akin to a Zola/zico with more than a dash of kaka's gazelle-like runs where he covers the ground w/speed & panache. He's a wonderful gift of a footballer, the exact sort of reason why I love the game.

But this season has been a real disappointment. Another 'could've been' totally inkeeping w/the wasted Leeds narrative.
I hope, eventually, he goes onto bigger & better things (& if he has a half decent agent then that shouldn't be too hard - tho if he had a half decent agent he mightn't have ended up here in the first place, or would've finagled a deal to move on this jan..).

Hope he makes it happen. Whatever the tale, this season'll show the character of the boy. It's obvious he has got little support & nurturing from Leeds/redfearn, so it's up to him. Either force the issue, raise his game or walk away (& try his luck somewhere easier..??)
:thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap:
Great post, JD
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

johndivney wrote: It's obvious he has got little support & nurturing from Leeds/redfearn, so it's up to him.
What's that based on? The fact that he's not always in the team?
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
ben87
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by ben87 »

I don't know, I just don't see it. Too me, Mowatt and Cook are superior.
Adryan hasn't done too much, but I think he should at least get a run this weekend. Probably off the bench
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

I see Cook as superior, but not sure Mowatt. At the moment Cook is the first name on the team sheet. Adryan has changed his playing style due to the Championship's more physical play, after getting knocked off the ball a few times when he first played he pre-empts the physical challenges quite well. It could well be his attitude - wasn't he rumoured to be in the infamous smoking photo, so maybe he relies a lot on raw talent.
I hope he is realising his name isn't guaranteed a place on the team sheet and works to get back in. I don't believe we will keep him long term, if he does work hard eventually he'll not only make a massive impact when back playing but likely then get head hunted by a premiership team. Of course he may decide he wants to stay if the team is on the up :think:
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

johndivney wrote:Adryan embodies the club at present - potential being squandered/not realised.

I agree. He is a player I would always start because he has the skill and flare to make things happen in a team where there is so little. Yes we have the hustle and bustle players (most of the current squad) but this doesn't work against solid defences - you need guile and ingenuity and that what Adryan, pretty much uniquely at present, brings to the side. Never mind all this 'nurturing', we're not 'nurturing' Cook, and he's three years younger and starting every game - oh and he hasn't scored either!
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

I'm not even sure if Adryan is better than Sloth, who, unlike Adryan, is here on a permanent contract.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

SiMamu wrote:I'm not even sure if Adryan is better than Sloth
That must be some sort of joke, surely.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.