Alex Mowatt the fall guy....

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Alex Mowatt the fall guy....

Post by 1964white »

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/757451229?-11130:816

I'll back young Alex Mowatt anyday over Billy two goals

Your boss got it wrong young Alex, we missed you yesterday. Should have brought you on at half-time, unfortunately you never had the opportunity to take your joggie bottoms off.

Infact how long did it take to make any substitution as we were totally overrun in the 2nd half....28 minutes

Well done Redfern :clap: do your job man !
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Alex Mowatt the fall guy....

Post by dlw10 »

1964white wrote:http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/757451229?-11130:816

Your boss got it wrong young Alex, we missed you yesterday. Should have brought you on at half-time, unfortunately you never had the opportunity to take your joggie bottoms off.

Infact how long did it take to make any substitution as we were totally overrun in the 2nd half....28 minutes

You can't argue though that the point made in the article is just what many of us have been saying lately - for whatever reason, Alex has been in "lack lustre" form in the last few games. He's looked sluggish (and we know he's not quick at the best of times) and well below what we saw a couple of months ago. The break will hopefully do him good. I'd have left him out yesterday regardless of the formation.
Costy

Post by Costy »

Sorry, but to describe Sharp as being 'in a vein of form' is stretching things a touch.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Costy wrote:Sorry, but to describe Sharp as being 'in a vein of form' is stretching things a touch.
Indeed Costy :thumbup: Two clear opportunities yesterday & he fluffed them both. Yes his goal was a brave header at Huddersfield but that shouldn't make him an automatic starter because of one moment he got right in a blue moon
Last edited by 1964white on 08 Feb 2015, 15:37, edited 1 time in total.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

dlw10 wrote:
1964white wrote:http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/757451229?-11130:816

You can't argue though that the point made in the article is just what many of us have been saying lately - for whatever reason, Alex has been in "lack lustre" form in the last few games. He's looked sluggish (and we know he's not quick at the best of times) and well below what we saw a couple of months ago. The break will hopefully do him good. I'd have left him out yesterday regardless of the formation.
He could still have played someone like Sloth in midfield if he felt Mowatt wasn't upto the task. No he got it in his head he was starting Sharp playing two upfront, whether his decision was influenced by the media/fans or pressure from Sharp himself. The fact is Redfern called it wrong as we rarely looked like scoring & we certainly wasn't a tight unit as we've shown in previous games. I sincerely hope he has learned from his error !
Last edited by 1964white on 08 Feb 2015, 15:36, edited 1 time in total.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

I like Mowatt and he's the most creative midfielder we have, unfortunately he doesn't work on the wing, as he doesn't have the pace and cuts inside too much. Unless we dropped one of Murphy, Austin or Cook, I don't see him getting back in.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote:I like Mowatt and he's the most creative midfielder we have, unfortunately he doesn't work on the wing, as he doesn't have the pace and cuts inside too much. Unless we dropped one of Murphy, Austin or Cook, I don't see him getting back in.
We revert back to Byram Cook, Murphy & Mowatt with Austin pressing the opposition back four with him dropping back into midfield when required as he did v Bournemouth & Huddersfield That's what Rudi does best...RUNS !
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

I don't know who saw the Hudds game but as soon as Sharp came on, Leeds improved, it really is as simple as that.
USA for Leeds
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by USA for Leeds »

onenorthernsoul wrote:I don't know who saw the Hudds game but as soon as Sharp came on, Leeds improved, it really is as simple as that.
Against them it was. But I think Redders saw something that made him think Brentford would be more vulnerable to two strikers. He's proven that he will adapt the formation to suit the opponent. In this case it was obviously not the right decision, but I think I understand the thought process.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Mowatt was jaded and needed a rest, but we need him back now. Get rid of no goals Morison and our fortunes should increase hopefully.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT