2015/16 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2015/16 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Selby White »

isrodger wrote:It's funny I don't rate him but woukdnt be surprised if rosler really get the best out of Dokura. I also woukd be shocked to see Bellusci operate in midfield. Whilst you can always make a case for various additions. One top quality winger would leave me quietly confident of a top six finish next season. The lad at Birmingham or Tom ince please.
Yes a top winger would be nice, plenty of flash harry's about that drift in and out of games but one that produces the goods every week is whats required.

We all see things different but want the same end result, nothing wrong in that its what the forum is about.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

Role has indicated that the Wood deal is one of a kind. So possibly no scope for buying proven quality.
Deleted User 2299

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

Pleased with the Wood signing overall. Think he is a better player than Morison and Sharp. I wouldn't call him a quality player but believe/hope he can do a good job in this league again.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Fourth Official ‏@FourthOfficial_ · 1h1 hour ago
Brandon Barker having a medical with Leeds ahead of loan deal
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 972

Post by Deleted User 972 »

It will be interesting to see how he does.Normally wingers take a few years to perfect their positon.Hopefuly he can hit the ground running!
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-7338462

Rosler has said that we don't need to sell our young players at the moment, as the work of Cellino means that we are able to pay our bills, and do not need to sell players to do so.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

TezzaWazzaBazza wrote:Role has indicated that the Wood deal is one of a kind. So possibly no scope for buying proven quality.
I strongly suspect Cellino has pulled a bit of a flanker here paying leicster over the odds for wood saying £2.5m with £1m of that going to wood. This gets round FFP as the lads fee will be depreciated over the 4 yrs. his wage say £20k per week will now be £15k. Back to rosslers comment from a negotiation perspective it's best to play the skint member rather than declare we have scope for 3 other similar deals.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

SiMamu wrote:http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-7338462

Rosler has said that we don't need to sell our young players at the moment, as the work of Cellino means that we are able to pay our bills, and do not need to sell players to do so.
I know first hand Cellino will not cash in on the kids without a fight. He was even looking forward to telling agent to stick their offers where the sun doesn't shine in January as he expected bids of circa £30m for cook, mowatt & byram.

Unfortunately, Given our status & wages on offer elsewhere byram may be sold, and lets face it we do have an adaquate replacement in berardi. Taking Nathaniel clyne as the benchmark - byram is worth between £4 to £6m - however I am sure we will get between £6m & £10m if we are forced to sell ......if he refuses to extend his deal. It's funny how these things develop. Jenkinson going to westham, Coleman to man utd, could spark realistic valuations going out the window. If everton force man utds hand and get £25m for coleman on 31st August expect Cellino to get £12m for byram! A la Torres and Carroll.

Say what you like about Cellino, in comparison to bates, he is willing to invest & is a lot shrewder when selling as demonstrated with the sale of McCormack. Let's face it under bates we would have been lucky to get £4m for the pair of them.
Deleted User 2299

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

isrodger wrote:

I know first hand Cellino will not cash in on the kids without a fight. He was even looking forward to telling agent to stick their offers where the sun doesn't shine in January as he expected bids of circa £30m for cook, mowatt & byram.

Unfortunately, Given our status & wages on offer elsewhere byram may be sold, and lets face it we do have an adaquate replacement in berardi. Taking Nathaniel clyne as the benchmark - byram is worth between £4 to £6m - however I am sure we will get between £6m & £10m if we are forced to sell ......if he refuses to extend his deal. It's funny how these things develop. Jenkinson going to westham, Coleman to man utd, could spark realistic valuations going out the window. If everton force man utds hand and get £25m for coleman on 31st August expect Cellino to get £12m for byram! A la Torres and Carroll.

Say what you like about Cellino, in comparison to bates, he is willing to invest & is a lot shrewder when selling as demonstrated with the sale of McCormack. Let's face it under bates we would have been lucky to get £4m for the pair of them.

"Cellino, in comparison to bates"

If I had a £ for every time I've heard that on this forum I would pay Sam's wages :D
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Nesslin wrote:
isrodger wrote:

"Cellino, in comparison to bates"

If I had a £ for every time I've heard that on this forum I would pay Sam's wages :D
To be honest I cant see why people wouldn't compare our current owner to recent previous owners whether that be Bates OR GFH. We all now the mess they all left (financial and playing) and its somewhere we want to move forward from.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.