2015/16 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2015/16 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by SiMamu »

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/07/03/re ... yer-micha/
What a signing Michail Antonio would be. One of the best wingers, if not the best, in the Championship. He got double figures for goals and assists last season for Forest. Whilst there is no way we'll sign him as we cannot afford him, it speaks a lot about our ambition, and that's a good thing to see. Forest rejected a 5m bid from West Brom earlier in the summer, and I doubt we can go anywhere near that high. It's a shame we didn't move for him last summer when he cost Forest the same as what Doukara cost us.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 972

Post by Deleted User 972 »

Clearly never going to happen but the attached article is more important!. The Pfa are calling for another transfer embargo because we havent paid Stewart compensation, we lost the case so we should just pay up and get it over with! http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-7340342
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

I'd probably pay but MC doesn't pay when he thinks he has right on his side and this has only been to an FA arbitration panel, not court. You have to laugh:

"The winger agreed a three-year deal when he joined Leeds on loan midway through the 2013-14 season but problems with the paperwork saw the Football League return the contract to Elland Road"

So there never was a 'ratified' (by the FL) contract but the contract has to be met (or at least the difference between it and what CJ earned whilst failing at Ipswich). Can't remember who signed him but between him (manager), Haigh (cheque generator) and GFH and CJ himself there wasn't a single person doing their job properly.

Who pays - as ever MC, the only bloke with his head screwed on the right way. Zany truly zany. Apparently MC is our problem :D
Last edited by Mellor on 04 Jul 2015, 00:37, edited 1 time in total.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Deleted User 972

Post by Deleted User 972 »

He was 1 of the worst players Ive seen at Leeds, Glad we didnt keep him but hes entitled to the money I think, if a player had of backed out of an agreement with us can you imagine Cellinos reaction!. Just pay up and move on and dont be bringing negative headlines to the club, its a distraction and makes us look bad to potential signings!
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Cellino will pay up, it highlights that these loans that lead to a permanent deal are littered with potential bombs...
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Selby White wrote: As Rosler says, everyone here starts with a clean sheet, its now up to the players (All of them) to prove themselves to him. I am a believer that different players respond to different coaches/managers.
I do too, a good example is Mowatt, I think he was great under McDermott and Redfearn, but under Hockaday and Darko he just wasn't the same player. Its just life really, I can think of a few past managers who I had massive respect for and I would do that bit extra for them. Then there are a few 'shits' who I wouldn't be arsed to do anything than the bare minimum for!

Rosler has made a good start, by giving everyone a clean slate means hopefully we can move on from 'injury gate' and more so bridge any divisions within the camp. I admit to disliking two current players - Bellusci and Bianchi but that opinion is only formed on how they have performed for the club I love, its nothing personal, if next season they knuckle down and work on the weak areas of their game then fair play and I won't mind giving them some credit.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Mowatt never played under Hockaday.
LeeBowyersLawyer
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by LeeBowyersLawyer »

i did not understand why the hock didn't play Mowatt. I know he had nursed an injury over the summer and i don't think he went to Italy with the rest of the squad but everyone knew he was quality.

my goal is to make it to leeds for a game in the next 5 years, hopefully bamba is still playing and at a high level so my Sol "Para bailar la" Bamba banner is accepted warmly.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/bristo ... d-striker/
Bristol City linked with a move for Morison.