Steve Thompson

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
southwhite
Brian McDermott's optician

Re: Steve Thompson

Post by southwhite »

Just been reading this on the YEP under Charlton v Leeds Redfern : we only did half the job. Came across this on the comments bit, not sure which thread to put it under so thought just put it on here ! Whether its believable or not im not sure, but here is the link. http://t.co/PYDNXkumsH
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

It's already been posted, mate - seems believable enough to me, but then so could a story about us having a sky blue pink away kit next season ..
southwhite
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by southwhite »

rigger wrote:It's already been posted, mate - seems believable enough to me, but then so could a story about us having a sky blue pink away kit next season ..
Haha ! Sorry bout that, not to good on these things. Every time I find something, looks like it been done, hey ho not to worry !! :oops:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

southwhite wrote:
rigger wrote:It's already been posted, mate - seems believable enough to me, but then so could a story about us having a sky blue pink away kit next season ..
Haha ! Sorry bout that, not to good on these things. Every time I find something, looks like it been done, hey ho not to worry !! :oops:
I wouldn't worry about it, mate - I've been saying the same things over and over on here for years :

"We should rotate more - none of our managers do it"

"In my day ..."

"James Milner should be in every England team"

"Si, hush now"

"Shayod, be more positive"

"I'm not saying you've got number 2s music taste, but ..."

:mrgreen:
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

It ties into a lot of what's been said and confirmed. We know all the Italians are [dirty, good for nothing] smokers. Cellino said that Thompson was sacked for a comment made to Salerno after the Fulham game and with suggestions that Thompson said what Redfearn was too nice to say. It fits with suggestions there's a divide in the camp and that the Italians don't respect Redfearn enough. It also provides an explanation for the rumour, which has also been reported by the relatively reliable Simon Austin, that some of the Italians laughed at Thompson's sacking - they laughed because he's been punished for kicking off at their unprofessionalism.
If the Italians did all whip out a cigarette at half time, for this to go unpunished is disgraceful and demonstrates why Italian football is falling behind other leagues, a lack of professionalism. When Szczesny smoked in the shower after his mistakes vs Southampton he was fined two weeks wages and dropped, whilst the Italians went unpunished because Salerno doesn't see the severity of their actions.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Leeds United acting chairman Andrew Umbers has revealed that former director of football Nicola Salerno was the man who suspended Steve Thompson.
Neil Redfearn's assistant was suspended at the beginning of the month, which led to speculation as to why the 50-year-old had been shown the exit from Elland Road.
The official word from the Championship club initially was that Thompson had "underperformed" in the role, despite the tangible success on the pitch, but Umbers says that Salerno, who has since left the club, took the decision to suspend Thompson.
"Nicola Salerno had a responsibility to look after all the footballing side of Leeds United post Massimo's disqualification," Umbers told the Yorkshire Evening Post.
"He took that decision. When we look back on it, was it timely? No. But it happened. The issues that Nicola Salerno had privately and professionally with Steve Thompson were issues that led him to make that decision.
"He came to us and said there had been a breakdown in communication. A breakdown of trust. One or two other personal issues. These matters will be remaining internal."
Leeds have lost all five games that they have played since Thompson's exit.
Winner of the Europa League
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

NW, don't you find it strange that Salerno appears to have the power to suspend Thompson, on his own?

Seems bizarre to me, if Redders is staying, I hope Cellino brings Thompson back, that's if he wants to come back that is.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

If Redfearn stays, he wants Thompson back: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/fo ... witterfeed
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

SiMamu wrote:If Redfearn stays, he wants Thompson back: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/fo ... witterfeed

I want a night with Kelly Brook, but there's no chance of that happening. :lol:

But, it's more likely than Thompson coming back and pairing up with Redders for next year.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Do you think Selerno had the power, or demanded it and Umbers obliged. In the aftermath its easy to pile all the responsibility and blame onto Selerno.

Refearn probably needs to insist Thompson reinstated, though that could be a clash of ego's though