Cellino

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Cellino

In
30%
Out
53%
Not sure
17%

Total votes: 47

NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Cellino

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Is he the man ? Those who know me will know I've been opposed to the man from day one is he the man to take us forward after recent events.
Winner of the Europa League
johndivney
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Re: Cellino

Post by johndivney »

In, tho increasingly not sure.

He has badly misjudged English football, & seemingly still does. He has been lucky to get out of the hole he dug himself & his lack of gratitude is unedifying to say the least.
BUT his track record with Cagliari is still convincing enough for me at present that, given time, he will get us to the premiership.

& I still think, tho he has made plenty of mistakes, people ought to be more grateful. Through all the controversies & missteps we're in a much healthier position than we have been in a long, long time.
However, the benefit of the doubt can only last so long. & like I say, if he hadn't eventually lucked out with Redders (& Thompson), I'd maybe be whistling a different tune.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

I say no, He loves football no doubt, but no sorry I have to go where my head not my heart has been
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

I would need to be clearer about recent events.

WHY was Thompson suspended. Is it true about Antenucci's goal tally?

If there is no good reason for his suspension, although I have remained faithful to Cellino up to now, I would have to vote OUT, as I would then be convinced he is about to sneak away, without regard for the consequences to the club
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

I'm not sure, I'm really not.

PROS:
He has sorted out a lot of the financial mess and invested a great deal of time and money. He has seemingly got us operating a lot better and clearing debts.

CONS:
Wants too much involvement in team affairs. His player recruitment is clearly not up to scratch if the likes of Bianchi and Doukara are anything to go by.
Has numerous pending court appearances that the Football League will ban him from running the club.

THE STRAW THAT BREAKS THE CAMEL BACK:
Could be 'Thompsongate', because if he has been sacked because the coaching team don't rate the Cellino signings and the dismissal is more of a display of power then its simply beyond belief and logic.

Of course we don't know fully the reason why all this has happened, some insight would be welcomed.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Shows we are more rational on here than on WACCOE as the out camp stands at 89%.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Sheepy wrote:I'm not sure, I'm really not.

PROS:
He has sorted out a lot of the financial mess and invested a great deal of time and money. He has seemingly got us operating a lot better and clearing debts.

CONS:
Wants too much involvement in team affairs. His player recruitment is clearly not up to scratch if the likes of Bianchi and Doukara are anything to go by.
Has numerous pending court appearances that the Football League will ban him from running the club.

THE STRAW THAT BREAKS THE CAMEL BACK:
Could be 'Thompsongate', because if he has been sacked because the coaching team don't rate the Cellino signings and the dismissal is more of a display of power then its simply beyond belief and logic.

Of course we don't know fully the reason why all this has happened, some insight would be welcomed.

Agree we need more insight in the Thompson affair people are just making assumptions and judging by that.

Until we have a better option we need to keep Cellino in my opinion but have a feeling he's had enough and ready to go.
Experience should tell us we should be careful what we wish for.

Although a long way down the road in sorting the financial mess I wonder if he goes who is going to put their hand in their back pocket to pay future bills.

Just because we have a big fan base we dont make lots of money, Bates Mortgaged the season ticket money (not sure when that finishes), i understand around 6,000 of each home gate covers the rent on ER & TA. These are overheads other Clubs dont have.

On another note the Antenucci situation could be a red herring if his agent is to be believed, just not been picked by Redders. can't really see point of signing a striker then not pick him because he scores. In my opinion he is our best striker and it makes sense the give him another year anyway.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Get the kettle on
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Get the kettle on »

Voted on this yesterday. Is Cellino the right man?

Not on your Nellie.... i'll get my coat...
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

It's a Celli ... NO from me, too.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

I have backed Cellino from the start but this is the one that says he has to go am afraid.