Cellino

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Cellino

In
30%
Out
53%
Not sure
17%

Total votes: 47

NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Cellino

Post by NottinghamWhite »

onenorthernsoul wrote:I want them all out, every single one of the feckers, pardon my language.
Bates always had it in for us when we wrecked his precious scoreboard. He's certainly having the last laugh that's for sure :evil:
Winner of the Europa League
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Selby White wrote:
onenorthernsoul wrote:It's still a good question though! What happened to it?
Wont show until next year on published accounts but thats normal, i heard it was £6mill up front with the rest in instalments, not sure if any have kicked in yet.
He's hardly set the world alight down The Cottage has he. Even £6 millions a decent amount of money plus I think we got half a million for Smithy.
And yet he's still contributed to more goals than anyone else in our squad, with 13 goals and 9 assists in the league, 15 goals and 11 assists in all competitions. He'd still be the best player at Leeds United, with little competition. Although losing him has allowed others to develop and learn to take responsibility, rather than relying on McCormack to save our bacon.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

SiMamu wrote: And yet he's still contributed to more goals than anyone else in our squad, with 13 goals and 9 assists in the league, 15 goals and 11 assists
At the full cost of £11 million that's not exactly a handsome return is it ?
Deleted User 2747

Re: Cellino / Latest Accounts published (apparently)

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

rigger wrote:
Frankie wrote:
onenorthernsoul wrote:Copied from Facebook

Lufc annual losses are still £22.8m, Creditors owed after one year stands at £35.6m. @
Almost all of that debt is owed to GFH and Cellino (or Cellino-related companies).

Me again - I'm not sure, accounts usually befuddle me, but if the above is true, is it a case that Cellino hasn't invested much in the club but in fact loaned the club money, millions of £??

....And of course he will be charging interest! ....What a con!
I do hope you mean that in the French sense of the word :shh:
Well looking at that on Google, I would just say :shh: :silent:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Frankie I had to Google it anarl :D
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
SiMamu wrote: And yet he's still contributed to more goals than anyone else in our squad, with 13 goals and 9 assists in the league, 15 goals and 11 assists
At the full cost of £11 million that's not exactly a handsome return is it ?
No, but it wasn't 11m up front, but £7mish + instalments. Either way, they've overpaid, but we haven't adequately replaced his goals or assists, despite the sizable fee we got for him.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Frankie I had to Google it anarl :D
My favourite Serge Gainsbourg track is Requiem ... Pour Un Con :D

An absolutely genius breakbeat !

The word is also used in the title of the hilarious French movie, Le Diner Des Cons - later remade adequately in America as The Dinner For Schmucks, starring Steve Carell as the idiot in question:

Like a lot of words in French, the actual meaning can be fairly ambiguous, depending on the context and how you say it. "Con" itself basically means "fool" in English, but if you spit it out in a rage it becomes the four letter swear word beginning with "c" .. and I don't mean "clot" :shh: