Good News re: LUFC

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Re: Good News re: LUFC

Post by Aces »

Davycc wrote:
Aces wrote:I know it's a bit late, by my was it good news getting Bamba in January, Cellino does a lot wrong, but he was bang on the money with him.

I'm hoping he brings in 3 to 4 similar players of his standard in the summer, to help us push for promotion, as long as we keep the young uns. Bates and GFH would sell them for certain, hopefully Cellino won't.
I hope he's not here in the summer and the new owners bring in some new faces

I was in the for Cellino camp, never pro and just about still think he could come through this and make us a team that can push for promotion, but ...... I very much doubt it now. I hope we do get new owners, but ..... I very much doubt that will happen either.

Who knows, I just want us to improve dramatically, I stopped really bothering as much with the club in the 80s and I'm sort of getting that feeling again. :roll:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Aces wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Aces wrote:I know it's a bit late, by my was it good news getting Bamba in January, Cellino does a lot wrong, but he was bang on the money with him.

I'm hoping he brings in 3 to 4 similar players of his standard in the summer, to help us push for promotion, as long as we keep the young uns. Bates and GFH would sell them for certain, hopefully Cellino won't.

I was in the for Cellino camp, never pro and just about still think he could come through this and make us a team that can push for promotion, but ...... I very much doubt it now. I hope we do get new owners, but ..... I very much doubt that will happen either.

Who knows, I just want us to improve dramatically, I stopped really bothering as much with the club in the 80s and I'm sort of getting that feeling again. :roll:
Mate I was always against Cellino but always said I'd love to be proved wrong. personally, I totally understand the 80's remark as well but something WILL eventually come good, stick in there.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Aces wrote:
Davycc wrote:

Who knows, I just want us to improve dramatically,
I stopped really bothering as much with the club in the 80s and I'm sort of getting that feeling again. :roll:
Me too.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Sadly, I don't think Bamba is good enough! We were warned by Leicester fans how random his performances can be and now we have seen two in a row where he has been a positive liability. Once again, he is a player who can have good games but he is not consistent enough for a side that wants to push for promotion. Once again, I think we are on the lookout for two rock solid CBs
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Chances are dlw you might be right, he might not be as good as we first thought, but as soon as he came, he was a colossus at the back for us, for about ten games, which coincided with us climbing to safety. Not saying it was all down to him, but he played a major part in it. His form has started to slip over the last three games or so and so has all the team, but he was a great signing for us in January.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Aces wrote:Chances are dlw you might be right, he might not be as good as we first thought, but as soon as he came, he was a colossus at the back for us, for about ten games, which coincided with us climbing to safety. Not saying it was all down to him, but he played a major part in it. His form has started to slip over the last three games or so and so has all the team, but he was a great signing for us in January.
It is something we seem to be afflicted with - players come to us ;ool great for a while and then become hopeless! At centre back I can think of when Tate came to us from Swansea, Darren O'Dea, Marius Zaliukas all looked good but turned very bad!
Deleted User 2747

Remember folks this thread is for good news only! No negatives allowed!!

:D ;)
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Frankie wrote:Remember folks this thread is for good news only! No negatives allowed!!

You do know this is a Leeds forum, right ?? :crazy:
Deleted User 2747

rigger wrote:
Frankie wrote:Remember folks this thread is for good news only! No negatives allowed!!

You do know this is a Leeds forum, right ?? :crazy:
Well of course I do........ but are we not a wee bit over due for some good news...........?!
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Okay .. I've got some, for me at least :)

I was due to play Subbuteo with three mates tonight.
They come to my place and we play a tournament right through over a number of sessions.
So far, we've played Italia 90 and last year's World Cup in Brazil while it was happening for real.

This time round, we switched to the Champions League from the knockout stage, round of 16.
However, right at the last minute one of the guys pulled out because his wife was late coming back from a job interview in Reading and he couldn't leave the kids.

So, the other two came over and we had the commentary of the Leeds game on in the kitchen, with a laptop set-up to keep an eye on Bristol City (one of my mates supports them) and in the living room we spent the evening playing records :D

Bear with me ..

I've just got my Linn Sondek back, fresh from a service and fitted with a new arm and it's singing like a bird again.
It's a turntable, in case you're wondering ..
One of my mates used to be a customer from when I worked in record stores so we literally pulled out every LP and 12" I had and played loads .. and I mean, loads. I had three decks on the go - my DJ setup as well as the Linn, so we could play 45s.

In amongst my 12" collection - which I hadn't gone through for a couple of years - I found two precious pieces of vinyl:
Oo .. Ah .. Cantona 7"
Marching On Together 12" dance remix :D

I played them .. and they're still as odd as I remember :o