How long do you think Redfearn will last?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

How long will Redders last.

Less than a month?
57%
Less than Three months?
22%
Still be here Next season?
22%

Total votes: 23

Deleted User 130

Re: How long do you think Redfearn will last?

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Cellino he no do managers.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

If the cutting in the Daily Star is true, two likely outcomes could happen.

1. Cellino is seething crazy mad over it and he sacks Redders immediately, or after the last game.

2. Cellino realises that Redders popularity with the fans will have gone through the roof, so he has to keep him on.

I don't think this has done Redders any harm at all, he looked like a Dead Man Walking to me, but this just might have saved his job.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

I think this saga will show just how little the club cares about what the fans think these days. I actually agree with some who say Redfearn is probably not the strongest manager or head coach we could have BUT the way he is being treated is nothing short of scandalous and it does make me feel embarrassed to say I support this club. It seems crystal clear to me that Cellino is once again engineering a situation where everything is so complex and difficult to understand that the actual sacking of Redfearn will almost get lost in the confusion. We all have to piece together stuff from hearsay I know but I now an convinced that Cellino is no good for our club and is a very evil minded bloke. I am equally sure that he is as penny pinching as they come and he will undoubtedly "offer" Redfearn his right (if we understand his contract correctly) to go back to the academy. But who in their right mind would work for Cellino in any capacity. I am as depressed over the state of the club as I have been at any time in the past and I begin to worry that my belief that Cellino was selling up may not now be correct. Worried, very worried.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I think when Cellino let Redders take over, it was a last ditch attempt to save us from relegation, just how Redders has managed it, I don't know. Cellino is either thinking, he's saved us, so I'll keep him on, or he's saved us, but I want someone better. Better in his mind. We shall see, but I'm certain Cellino has already made his mind up, we are just waiting to see just what he has decided, a new contract, or the chop.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
PGS
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by PGS »

I voted with my heart, Redders to be here next season.
However it is impossible to predict Cellinos next move. I think he enjoys this alot, the attention and keeping everyone involved in uncertainty until he reveals his move. We will never have a strong manager as long as Cellinos here.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Aces wrote:I think when Cellino let Redders take over, it was a last ditch attempt to save us from relegation, just how Redders has managed it, I don't know. Cellino is either thinking, he's saved us, so I'll keep him on, or he's saved us, but I want someone better. Better in his mind. We shall see, but I'm certain Cellino has already made his mind up, we are just waiting to see just what he has decided, a new contract, or the chop.
But who he thinks will be better, won't be, because he always goes with the cheap option. We'll bring in another Hockaday or Milanic (although he may not have been given a fair enough chance). Any English coach we bring in will be untested and a massive risk, as no respected British manager will want to be a "head coach" and work under the control freak that is Massimo Cellino. So the best we can do is another Milanic, but hopefully better. Redfearn is the best option as our head coach, and has earned the opportunity to have a pop at getting us promoted, but Cellino actually need to bring in what he needs this time: a winger.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I know Si, I specifically wrote HE THINKS they will be better, but saying he thinks at all should be banned when it's linked to him. :lol:
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

SiMamu wrote:
Aces wrote:I think when Cellino let Redders take over, it was a last ditch attempt to save us from relegation, just how Redders has managed it, I don't know. Cellino is either thinking, he's saved us, so I'll keep him on, or he's saved us, but I want someone better. Better in his mind. We shall see, but I'm certain Cellino has already made his mind up, we are just waiting to see just what he has decided, a new contract, or the chop.
But who he thinks will be better, won't be, because he always goes with the cheap option. We'll bring in another Hockaday or Milanic (although he may not have been given a fair enough chance). Any English coach we bring in will be untested and a massive risk, as no respected British manager will want to be a "head coach" and work under the control freak that is Massimo Cellino. So the best we can do is another Milanic, but hopefully better. Redfearn is the best option as our head coach, and has earned the opportunity to have a pop at getting us promoted, but Cellino actually need to bring in what he needs this time: a winger.
Jurgen Klopp is being lined up. You read it here first. :shifty:
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

No we didn't, it's been posted on here loads of times before :lol:
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

onenorthernsoul wrote:No we didn't, it's been posted on here loads of times before :lol:
Jurgen Klopp is being lined up. You read it here last. :shifty: