I'm very sorry (Yet Again!!!)

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Malcolm Stark
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Re: I'm very sorry (Yet Again!!!)

Post by Malcolm Stark »

onenorthernsoul wrote:I like having you here MS (obviously when you make certain remarks :D ) but I'm near shocked that you were getting a bit 'lairy' so in future, put some lemonade in your drink, you're much better than that sort of behaviour, and I do mean that.
I know that, ONS, but most of the time the demon drink makes me better, writing some good stuff. I've written some nice stuff while on the old rum and cokes, but occasionally it turns me into a pain in the @rse!!! :D

(Loving your book, btw, especially the bit where the grandma dies, very moving, and the passage about where Colin Bell breaks his leg is so graphic, it makes cringe with every word. Powerful stuff. Wish it was available in hardback...)
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

You've done nothing wrong because your still here :)
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

It is YOU'RE or even YOU ARE, Slumpy. You're not the only one who makes that mistake and in the whole scheme of things it's not that important but I swear, when I see it so many times each day, on here mainly, it is tempting to just jack in reading the posts. Cue maniacal laughter but I honestly do not understand why people are (often) that lazy as to put 'your' instead of the right version :lol:

MS, thanks. And here's a tip - cut up some old greetings cards, sticke them together and sellotape them to the front and back cover of the book, that'll make it hardback, eventually :D The grandma scene in DL is based on real events I'm afraid, and wan't easy to write tbh. The Colin Bell incident is in Disrepute innit?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

onenorthernsoul wrote:It is YOU'RE or even YOU ARE
It's also LOSE, not LOOSE, when describing a game we lost which a number of posters seem to forget :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 130

Barlow Boy wrote:
onenorthernsoul wrote:It is YOU'RE or even YOU ARE
It's also LOSE, not LOOSE, when describing a game we lost which a number of posters seem to forget :D
Ah yes but that's an easier mistake to make I think :P Especially when we don;t actually lose that many. Yet :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I have a real problem with been and being I just can't get my head around it. Drives our Doris to distraction.
Winner of the Europa League
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

onenorthernsoul wrote:Cue maniacal laughter but I honestly do not understand why people are (often) that lazy as to put 'your' instead of the right version :lol:
It's not being lazy, I just forget..

Soz! :(
Deleted User 130

Ban yourself :D

And Phil, your wife's name isn't Doris either so stop driving her places :P
banksy
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by banksy »

Malcolm Stark wrote:Again, last night, I went all Johnny Giles, overeacting to an innocent comment, having five or six pints while out.

This is the third time I've got a little angry about nothing, after getting drunk, before feeling remorse in the morning at work.

I like it here, but I understand if I upset the harmony too much, and some of you want me gone. Totally understand.

Do you want a late night drunken loose cannon on here? :oops:
We all have a few bevvies frm time to tim.. as long as theres nothing personal in your comments, i don't see a problem.It show's that you are passionate about Leeds United :clap: :clap:
Deleted User 130

Well no it doesn't, if you read his recent posts :P