2013/14 - Transfer rumours and squad discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
dskimcbski
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: 2013/14 - Transfer rumours and squad discussions

Post by dskimcbski »

Aces wrote:The only problem with footballers is if they don't want to do something they won't do it, we have just had 3 months of no show football from nearly all our team and it's just the way the modern game is, footballers hold most of the power unfortunately.
Yeah, I know you're right Jim-I'm just thinking that Cellino owns his contract. If Ibarbo refuses to come if/when he's asked too(probably only on loan for the season i'd say)Cellino would have every right then to 'make him rot' in the reserves to run his contract down. I also think that most players would love a go at the English Leagues, with maybe a chance of Premiership football at the end of it.

This is all very much dependant on Cellino holding onto the Italian club throughout the transfer window as well. although theres nothing to say he wouldn't deduct the value of those playing staff with regards to selling.

Its all just speculation I know, but its Easter and its raining,for a change and I'm boooorrreeedddddddddd........ :D :yawn: :silent:
'I'd rather be hated for being who I am, than loved for being someone I'm not'.
jjrgreeney
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by jjrgreeney »

I would love to see these three come in, in particular Ibarbo, he is still a young lad and has bags of potential, pace and is decent in the air!! In regards to what Aces is saying I think this is the first window in a while we can get excited about because we literally have no idea what will happen!! :shh:
Football is my religion and Elland Road is my church.
dskimcbski
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by dskimcbski »

jjrgreeney wrote:I would love to see these three come in, in particular Ibarbo, he is still a young lad and has bags of potential, pace and is decent in the air!! In regards to what Aces is saying I think this is the first window in a while we can get excited about because we literally have no idea what will happen!! :shh:
Apart from getting rid off a load of hangers on and dead wood. And I include Tom Lees and Aidy White in that....... :o :o :o :silent:
'I'd rather be hated for being who I am, than loved for being someone I'm not'.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

dskimcbski wrote:
Aces wrote:The only problem with footballers is if they don't want to do something they won't do it, we have just had 3 months of no show football from nearly all our team and it's just the way the modern game is, footballers hold most of the power unfortunately.
Yeah, I know you're right Jim-I'm just thinking that Cellino owns his contract. If Ibarbo refuses to come if/when he's asked too(probably only on loan for the season i'd say)Cellino would have every right then to 'make him rot' in the reserves to run his contract down. I also think that most players would love a go at the English Leagues, with maybe a chance of Premiership football at the end of it.

This is all very much dependant on Cellino holding onto the Italian club throughout the transfer window as well. although theres nothing to say he wouldn't deduct the value of those playing staff with regards to selling.

Its all just speculation I know, but its Easter and its raining,for a change and I'm boooorrreeedddddddddd........ :D :yawn: :silent:
Here's hoping mate, :thumbup:

I do have a feeling deep down in my watter that our great club is on the verge of greatness again.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
jjrgreeney
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by jjrgreeney »

dskimcbski wrote:
jjrgreeney wrote:I would love to see these three come in, in particular Ibarbo, he is still a young lad and has bags of potential, pace and is decent in the air!! In regards to what Aces is saying I think this is the first window in a while we can get excited about because we literally have no idea what will happen!! :shh:
Apart from getting rid off a load of hangers on and dead wood. And I include Tom Lees and Aidy White in that....... :o :o :o :silent:

I second that mate, Tom Lees has been wrapped in cotton wool because he is a youth academy product as has Aidy White, but in all honesty neither of them have improved with their three years in the first team.
Football is my religion and Elland Road is my church.
Viduka95
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Viduka95 »

Rumors that Palace are looking to sign both Smith and McCormack for £5.5 million, I think we would be crazy to sell our two highest goal scorers.
@MrSkorecki Twitter
LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS!
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Viduka95 wrote:Rumors that Palace are looking to sign both Smith and McCormack for £5.5 million, I think we would be crazy to sell our two highest goal scorers.
£5m and Dwight gale and there on ... Unless they insist we keep kebe then were looking at 8 figures. One player out of contract at palace Jonathan parr might be worth a shout.
Viduka95
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Viduka95 »

isrodger wrote:£5m and Dwight gale and there on ... Unless they insist we keep kebe then were looking at 8 figures. One player out of contract at palace Jonathan parr might be worth a shout.
I've always like Parr, a little quick LB who isn't too old. He sounds like a sensible shout :)
@MrSkorecki Twitter
LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS!
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Viduka95 wrote:Rumors that Palace are looking to sign both Smith and McCormack for £5.5 million, I think we would be crazy to sell our two highest goal scorers.
I think Ross is worth at least that on his own after his terrific goal scoring record this season. If Cellino sells him for £6m and gets three quality £2m pounds players in, then I would be happy with that, they would have to be quality though, good enough to play eventually in the premiership, aged mid to late 20s and signed on at least 4 year contracts, for the long term future of the club. Who these players are I don't know, but if Ross is sold, then i expect the money to be ploughed back in for new players.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

I'm more surprised about the McCormack link than the Smith link - he's only 5ft9, far too small to play for a Pulis team. While Matt Smith is a Pulis dreamboat.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."