2013/14 - Transfer rumours and squad discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: 2013/14 - Transfer rumours and squad discussions

Post by isrodger »

SiMamu wrote:
isrodger wrote:
SiMamu wrote:
dskimcbski wrote:Few mentions on a few other forums about this guy. Alledgedly Cellino told him he's coming to England this summer.Cagliari midfielder. Watch this-looks like Rudy Austin on speed,WITH an eye for goal. He's almost Yeboah-esque.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPLFiwVEeWA

:thumbup:

Having watched that again, I'd say he's far too good for us............ :wtf: :crazy: :eh: :lolno:
Ah, yes, Ibarbo, he's the player I most wanted from Cagliari.
It will be interesting to see if we pay a fee. Another way aronf FPP?
He's a starter at Cagliari, will he really want to go from Serie A to the Championship, from a top division club to a second division club? Could only see him wanting to come here if we were promoted. He's a Colombian international - trying to compete with Falcao, Martinez and Muriel is hard enough, without dropping to a second tier club.
It will be really intersting how this pans out - theoretically Cellino could transfer calgari's top 4 players for £100,000. Would they come, if all four were sold the same dream, maybe, probably not. A couple of youngsters from south America plus tommy Rowe!
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Italians are notoriously rare in English football, I would love us to get some Italians in our team, please Mr Cellino, make this happen. :thumbup:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Independent Republic
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Independent Republic »

SiMamu wrote:
isrodger wrote:
SiMamu wrote:
dskimcbski wrote:Few mentions on a few other forums about this guy. Alledgedly Cellino told him he's coming to England this summer.Cagliari midfielder. Watch this-looks like Rudy Austin on speed,WITH an eye for goal. He's almost Yeboah-esque.

Having watched that again, I'd say he's far too good for us............ :wtf: :crazy: :eh: :lolno:
He's a starter at Cagliari, will he really want to go from Serie A to the Championship, from a top division club to a second division club? Could only see him wanting to come here if we were promoted. He's a Colombian international - trying to compete with Falcao, Martinez and Muriel is hard enough, without dropping to a second tier club.
He looks a bit slow and weak on the ball for my liking :crazy:
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

isrodger wrote:
SiMamu wrote:
isrodger wrote:
SiMamu wrote:

It will be really intersting how this pans out - theoretically Cellino could transfer calgari's top 4 players for £100,000. Would they come, if all four were sold the same dream, maybe, probably not. A couple of youngsters from south America plus tommy Rowe!
I'm not really sure Tommy Rowe is the right player for us, unless we continue with this 5-3-2/3-5-2 formation - even then, is he really any better than Aidy White?
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Aaron »

I'm not really sure Tommy Rowe is the right player for us, unless we continue with this 5-3-2/3-5-2 formation - even then, is he really any better than Aidy White?
Yes, he is.

And Ibarbo? Absolutely no chance, transfer fee would be £10,000,000+.
Wilfred Martin
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Wilfred Martin »

It was reported by Cellino in January that Ibarbo was on Barcelona's radar. Can't imagine that he would be too enthralled about playing for a Championship club.
We're on our way to....
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Aaron wrote:
Yes, he is.

Well okay then.

Simon Austin ‏@sport_simon · 43m
Cellino says Gianfranco Matteoli = incredible academy director and 5/6 academy products in Cagliari 1st team. Interesting he could involve him at #lufc
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

SiMamu wrote:
Aaron wrote:
Yes, he is.

Well okay then.

Cellino says Gianfranco Matteoli = incredible academy director and 5/6 academy products in Cagliari 1st team. Interesting he could involve him at #lufc
That's the kind of news I love to hear, academy products, fantastic academy director etc. It's the Leeds way and apparently Cellino's way too. Does require patience though and an acceptance that Brown may be over the hill.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Mellor wrote:
SiMamu wrote:
Aaron wrote:
Yes, he is.

Well okay then.

That's the kind of news I love to hear, academy products, fantastic academy director etc. It's the Leeds way and apparently Cellino's way too. Does require patience though and an acceptance that Brown may be over the hill.
I don't know about that, Cagliari's captain is a 36/37 year old central midfielder, Conti, so clearly Cellino values a midfield general leading the kids.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

SiMamu wrote:
Mellor wrote:
SiMamu wrote:
Aaron wrote:
Yes, he is.

Well okay then.

I don't know about that, Cagliari's captain is a 36/37 year old central midfielder, Conti, so clearly Cellino values a midfield general leading the kids.
Conti's 35 and worried about a new contract. Brown's 37 and leaves Colin to do his worrying for him :D
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente