Computer Help again

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Computer Help again

Post by mapperleywhite »

A while ago I bought a 128 Gb micro SD card and inserted into the drive on my ASUS PC. I'm aware that 128 is a nominal capacity and wasn't surprised that it was showing as 116 Gb. However it's now indicating that 77 Gb of that is available, yet I haven't saved any files on it.

Any ideas why?
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
mapperleywhite

Post by mapperleywhite »

The previously mentioned ASUS does only have a small hard drive capacity of 28 Gb and makes extensive use of cloud storage. As previously reported it can struggle for memory to use and I'm constantly using 'free up disk space' even though CC Cleaner is running in the background.

I now have an ongoing problem where the letters c, v and h disappear from usage.

Also wanted to load Windows 10 but it immediately wanted to free up some memory.

Thoughts/comments - thanks!
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

First off, only use CCleaner once in a while - once a week, fortnight, month, whatever - and then close it down when it's done its job : it eats up resources same way running a power-hungry app wastes your phone battery.

Secondly, if three keys are going, it sounds like your keyboard needs replacing - this is a laptop, right ?
It's a simple enough job and you can buy the requisite "layer" for your machine on eBuyer.com and other sites but the question is cost and the longevity of your laptop in the first place.

I bought a brand new Lenovo not two years ago for £330 from John Lewis and it's a great bit of kit, running Win8 and is superfast for FM2016 and anything else I want to do with it.
It's got a 1TB HD, two USB ports, one USB3.0 port, etc ..

In short, I think it's time to take stock, matey .. sorry, but that's how it is I think :)
mapperleywhite

Post by mapperleywhite »

rigger wrote:First off, only use CCleaner once in a while - once a week, fortnight, month, whatever - and then close it down when it's done its job : it eats up resources same way running a power-hungry app wastes your phone battery.

Secondly, if three keys are going, it sounds like your keyboard needs replacing - this is a laptop, right ?
It's a simple enough job and you can buy the requisite "layer" for your machine on eBuyer.com and other sites but the question is cost and the longevity of your laptop in the first place.

I bought a brand new Lenovo not two years ago for £330 from John Lewis and it's a great bit of kit, running Win8 and is superfast for FM2016 and anything else I want to do with it.
It's got a 1TB HD, two USB ports, one USB3.0 port, etc ..

In short, I think it's time to take stock, matey .. sorry, but that's how it is I think :)
Thanks Paul. I know that the cvh issue is not a hardware problem (see I just typed them :D ) because I've seen forums on the net where other people have had the same issue. There is a simple cure which is to close down the app and restart it.

Regarding CCleaner I only run it every few months when my laptop is having a bad day.

I'm still mystified as to where all the capacity on the mini-SD card has gone - perhaps I bought a duffer?
Deleted User 728

Have you tried to reformat it ??

It's like a factory reset.
You're right about never getting the stated amount by 77 seems way too low.

I'd do that first but if the problem persists email the manufacturer.
As a rule of thumb, Kingston make great storage cards so I would always buy from them if you can.
mapperleywhite

Post by mapperleywhite »

rigger wrote:Have you tried to reformat it ??

It's like a factory reset.
You're right about never getting the stated amount by 77 seems way too low.

I'd do that first but if the problem persists email the manufacturer.
As a rule of thumb, Kingston make great storage cards so I would always buy from them if you can.
Quite brilliant sir! Formatted it and now got 124 Gb!!!

And yes I have a Kingston memory stick....
Deleted User 728

Happy to be of service, my friend :D
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

That's impressive, I wish I had similar problems so I could get em fixed :P
Deleted User 728

Another Northern Soul wrote:That's impressive, I wish I had similar problems so I could get em fixed :P
You have issues mate, but I doubt I could fix 'em ;)
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Hmmm.