New Zealand or Oz

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

New Zealand or Oz

Post by NottinghamWhite »

We are currently deciding to do one major long haul holiday. Problem is I want to go back to Australia & my wife would like to go to New Zealand. We haven't seen much of Oz just Cairns, Atherton Table Mountains etc. anyone any experience of the 2 countries & what are the pros & cons.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: New Zealand or Oz

Post by Selby White »

Both on my "to do" list so can't help.

Don't think it'll be a bad decision whichever you decide, you'll have a great time at either.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Given we've got a few members who live there, I'm sure someone will help you out .. though you might have to wait till tomorrow morning to read the replies ;)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

rigger wrote:Given we've got a few members who live there, I'm sure someone will help you out .. though you might have to wait till tomorrow morning to read the replies ;)

Just trying to mull it over, cost wise it'll be the same. We loved Oz particularly the climate, people, scenery & the pies :) Also if we go to Oz then it's a 3 day break in Singapore & if we do NZ it'll be Fiji. New Zealand becomes more appealing with I think of the Marlborough region because I do love a good Savignon Blanc :)
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Naturally as I live in Oz I would suggest going here in OZ but NZ is also on my to do list, why not do a bit of both?? if possible.

If you want good wine then here in the Hunter Valley near where I live is one of the best also in South Australia is another good one.

Tough choice, good luck!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Mr Russell wrote:Naturally as I live in Oz I would suggest going here in OZ but NZ is also on my to do list, why not do a bit of both?? if possible.
The problem is we are well I suppose you could call us suit casers as opposed to back packers. We have discussed this but need to justify to each other the cost that would be incurred by going away for 4-5 weeks. If we do then it would be a coach/flying trip around Oz & a cruise around NZ as Milford Sound is at the top of my wife's bucket list.
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

If it's not in Yorkshire it's not worth bloody goin'

Did anyone see that Yorkshire Airways sketch from Hale and Pace? Sithee
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

NW, there are lots of lethal creepy crawlies in Oz, not to mention the big crocs and great white's. The only problem in NZ is you might get savaged by a sheep.
I once played against Don Revie.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

I've done Oz but not New Zealand. We met my eldest in Sydney after he completed the New Zealand leg of a rugby tour. He wasn't very complimentary about New Zealand but his view was of course that of a teenager. The pictures he took in NZ looked fabulous in terms of scenery. I understand that NZ is a little bit like parts of England but twenty years ago in terms of the people - Mark stopped with a few families and that is how he described them, "old worldy"
OTBE I will go back to Oz one day - we did Sydney, the Red Centre- Ayres Rock, Cairns and Brisbane and enjoyed it all. My favourite was probably Kuranda and the rainforest area but I love a good city and Sydney is my all time favorite in that list!
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

Been to Oz before and loved it, especially Sydney. Would love to go to NZ and Fiji so that would be my choice. In fact I might go at the end of the year. :]
Follow the cause not the leaders.