Backroom Staff changes

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Backroom Staff changes

Post by SG90 »

Mellor wrote:You're thinking someone from Barcelona may be ;)

On a serious note, I agree, a forward thinking coach is essential IMO and they often come from abroad. Rossler's backroom staff to date don't feel as innovative as I hope he is himself. If anyone knows different it would be good to hear about it.

From juniors to first team, they should play the same style of football.
Haha, not quite that high. But most youth coaches in this country tend to be older and from the 'strong and physical' style of football, whereas the newer generation are now focusing on passing and technique.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

SG90 wrote:
Mellor wrote:You're thinking someone from Barcelona may be ;)

On a serious note, I agree, a forward thinking coach is essential IMO and they often come from abroad. Rossler's backroom staff to date don't feel as innovative as I hope he is himself. If anyone knows different it would be good to hear about it.

From juniors to first team, they should play the same style of football.
Haha, not quite that high. But most youth coaches in this country tend to be older and from the 'strong and physical' style of football, whereas the newer generation are now focusing on passing and technique.
Last thing in the world we want is a bloke who believes in a big striker, a little striker and two wingers. Fortunately, according to Pope they're falling over themselves to get the job:

@APOPEY: Pearson very upbeat about the future of the #lufc Academy & vacant U21s coach role:" We've got 100s of applicants & some really good names."
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Something still seems strange to me about all this re building of the staff at Leeds. Cellino sacked a load of people when he arrived. He has taken on Adam Pearson (and I still do not understand why Pearson would jump the Sheff Weds ship so quick after starting there to join a maniac like Cellino - how could he possibly see that as a positive move to help his career or future?) and now we are putting in even more people than we had to start with. I know the stock answer is that Cellino has had a year to learn that he was wrong in the first place.....but, call me skeptical, I just don't buy it! I wonder if someone else has actually "bought" the club already and is insisting on all this re building? Maybe Cellino has said he wants a part of the payoff if we DO get to the Prem inside 2 years? Just because I am paranoid about all this doesn't mean I'm wrong!!!!
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

dlw10 wrote:Something still seems strange to me about all this re building of the staff at Leeds. Cellino sacked a load of people when he arrived. He has taken on Adam Pearson (and I still do not understand why Pearson would jump the Sheff Weds ship so quick after starting there to join a maniac like Cellino - how could he possibly see that as a positive move to help his career or future?) and now we are putting in even more people than we had to start with. I know the stock answer is that Cellino has had a year to learn that he was wrong in the first place.....but, call me skeptical, I just don't buy it! I wonder if someone else has actually "bought" the club already and is insisting on all this re building? Maybe Cellino has said he wants a part of the payoff if we DO get to the Prem inside 2 years? Just because I am paranoid about all this doesn't mean I'm wrong!!!!
For me first year priority was sorting the accounts (i truly believe we were bleeding money when Cellino took over), hopfully that will show at the next financial year end. 2nd year is about the football side and think summer has been good and created a lot of positivity due to the fact the signings seem to be in the right areas plus our crown jewels are still here.
Now for the team to do it on the field, lets hope so.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

It would be really satisfying if Cellino had woken up, grown up, wised up to the level of dissatisfaction amongst the LU faithful, even some of those who seemed to idolise him were critical of his behaviour. But your theory DLW isn't a wild one imo, it is all very mysterious. But it's all mysterious in a positive way. And maybe Pearson knew how unpredictable the new owners of Sheff Wed were going to be, or maybe the ties with Leeds were too strong. He DID do a good job here and was pretty well untainted, as he'd left, by Ridsdale's Ruining. Either way, someone deserves credit for bringing him back and if that is all down to Cellino, then good on him.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

It's like a line from Alice In a Wonderland, curiouser & curiouser.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 2299

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

I still believe Cellino actions are more getting the house in order, than they are getting us promoted. All the staff cuts and more so the players wages cuts are not what we need if our focus is on promotion. Teams like Hull bidding nine million for a couple of players are the real actions of a team who's focus is getting out the championship.

Didn't we hear that someone/company have already done due diligence? Lets say Red Bull(could be anyone), it makes sense that they would want the house in order before buying it. It would also make sense when the time comes they wont want to be talking to Cellino, so maybe that's where Pearson fits in.

IMO he is doing a great job in making Leeds an attractive cub to buy, but also doing a pretty poor job making Leeds promotion candidates, if his two, I mean three year plan is to believed.

Some will say you have to get the house in order 1st, I say do both at same time.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

A good and matter of fact theory there, quite a rarity now that he seems to be the messiah even though we have only really beaten a weak Everton side :)

There are a few theories about other companies & doing DD but for me what seems to be most significant is that stability is dawning and that Pearson is doing all the talking.

I was very unhappy with the treatment of Thompson and Redfearn, but naturally I know I have to move on with LU events or move away and stop supporting them. As if that's likely :D And I was v pleased with the choice of Rosler, and with Pearson returning, so if Cellino continues to be quiet and away from team selection etc, I've predicted a good season.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Nesslin wrote:I still believe Cellino actions are more getting the house in order, than they are getting us promoted. All the staff cuts and more so the players wages cuts are not what we need if our focus is on promotion. Teams like Hull bidding nine million for a couple of players are the real actions of a team who's focus is getting out the championship.

Didn't we hear that someone/company have already done due diligence? Lets say Red Bull(could be anyone), it makes sense that they would want the house in order before buying it. It would also make sense when the time comes they wont want to be talking to Cellino, so maybe that's where Pearson fits in.

Not sure Hull are a good example so far they have sold Brady for £8mill, Chester for £7mill and Ince for undisclosed amount. Only one player signed for £3mill at this stage.
IMO he is doing a great job in making Leeds an attractive cub to buy, but also doing a pretty poor job making Leeds promotion candidates, if his two, I mean three year plan is to believed.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

There's a guy on WACCOE by the name of pbt & he's claiming that Pearson is there smoothing the way for a consortium led by Peter Wilkinson. Now normally I'd just ignore it as some wind up merchant trying to make out he's in the know. Anyway having nowt else to do I've looked back at previous threads/posts he's made & here's a selection.

* Started a thread stating that Simon Grayson had the PNE job almost a week before it was announced.
* Stated back in May that Everton would play at ER in a pre season friendly.
* Put up,a post stating sometime ago that Kappa was to supply this seasons shirt.Putting this info out on 1st June & even predicting the exact launch date.

Now you could call them lucky guesses but he does seem to have his finger on the pulse. Unfortunately on there I can't go back anymore than his last 5 posts/threads.

Anyway food for thought.
Winner of the Europa League