Game Of Thrones not even as good as Emmerdale thread!

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 130

Game Of Thrones not even as good as Emmerdale thread!

Post by Deleted User 130 »

:wave: :mrgreen:
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Game Of Thrones not even as good as Emmerdale thread!

Post by birkybullufc »

Ouch. That's a bit harsh ONS. If you'd Said Games of Thrones isn't fit to lace The Wire's boots then I would have been with you. :-)
Follow the cause not the leaders.
Deleted User 130

No offence, lads and lasses.

:D

Well, not much of one anyway :P I do watch it myself but blimey it goes on and on and on and on.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

birkybullufc wrote:Ouch. That's a bit harsh ONS. If you'd Said Games of Thrones isn't fit to lace The Wire's boots then I would have been with you. :-)

Completely different shows, mate - both have their incredible merits and both are world class entertainment IMHO.

It's like saying MOTD is better than 24, Picasso is better than Beethoven or Coltrane is better than Bowie ..

For the record, until the last series when they really copped out and proved they were making it up all along, Lost was my favourite show of all time.

Now it remains a toss-up between MOTD, Top Gear (I know), 24, Mad Men, The Wire, The Sopranos, Blake's 7, Drop The Dead Donkey, The Water Margin, Porridge ..

... actually, I know what it is: UFO 8-)
Deleted User 130

'incredible merits'... The whole of Game Of Thrones is fantasy so it's got to be incredible :D

The Wire is worryingly credible, and grimly brilliant. Not as good as The Sopranos though, imho.

Ray Donovan has quickly risen up in my Top TV charts :D
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

I was a huge fan of the Sopranos at the time, although it lost its edge for me after the first three seasons. The Wire was gripping throughout. Watched Game of Thrones up until season 2 episode 6 and still feel like I'm waiting for something to happen. Beats Emmerdale though.
Preferences Sparticus. The Scottish guy whose name escapes me and played Battiatus, was excellent.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
Deleted User 130

birkybullufc wrote:I was a huge fan of the Sopranos at the time, although it lost its edge for me after the first three seasons. The Wire was gripping throughout. Watched Game of Thrones up until season 2 episode 6 and still feel like I'm waiting for something to happen. Beats Emmerdale though.
Preferences Sparticus. The Scottish guy whose name escapes me and played Battiatus, was excellent.

I'm not Scottish :P
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

onenorthernsoul wrote:
I'm not Scottish :P
I'm not Scottish

;)
Deleted User 130

:D
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

All brilliant programmes that you have mentioned, sopranos maybe number one and the wire almost as good, but both given a close run for their money by true detective and deadwood. HBO are in a league of their own when it comes to making drama. But then there's also breaking bad.......